Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Planted Plot Screen

MuddyHntr

Has anyone planted plot screen this late in the year? I know I won't get a maximum growth from it but that ok as I only need it to get a few feet tall to hide my entry and exit to the blind. Should I give it a go or will I not be able to get the 3-4' I'm looking for?

I planted some the 21 of july last year. With timely rains and N it got 9+ feet tall. Though the snow we had the first half of November was hard on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3675.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 122
I planted some the last two days. 100 days maturity so should get tall enough to walk behind. Like said above timely rain would help a bunch. I put some sunn hemp in a couple of weeks ago and it shot up only to be eaten by the deer. So replanting with Egyptian wheat.

Hopefully the forecast stays for what their predicting in SW Wi, ill be planting Saturday and were suppose to be getting rain Sunday and Monday.

A little change in plans, with all the storms that rolled through and the heat I'll be working all weekend. With that said my next available weekend to plant is August 3rd. Am I waisting my money or should I still give it a go? As stated earlier I'll only need it to get 3-4' tall to achieve what I need it to do.

A little change in plans, with all the storms that rolled through and the heat I'll be working all weekend. With that said my next available weekend to plant is August 3rd. Am I waisting my money or should I still give it a go? As stated earlier I'll only need it to get 3-4' tall to achieve what I need it to do.

As fast as mine has grown I would think you would see 4 foot of growth. Especially if you give it the nitrogen it will need. I’m putting urea in mine tomorrow.

Top Bottom