Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Makes me feel kinda like this.....

Fishbonker

Life Member
IMG_0021.JPG

Canada fly in. We experienced the 3 Fs of Canada: Fishing, Food and Friends .

Six of us went up for 5 days of fly-in fishing. We went to Vee Lake with Amik Outposts out of Red Lake Ontario. The fishing was great, tons of 12-18 inch yellow pickerel with lesser amounts of 18-22 and one 25 inch (not by me). The food was incredible, one of the guys is quite the chef. His pescado Veracruz was incredible, grilled yellow pickerel was 5 star, oven baked was outstanding and deep fried to die for. The friendship and camaraderie was nonstop laughs interrupted only by the occasion serious man talk.

It's a no trophies out lake and conservation lake so only two fish per person per day. This is supper:

IMG_0005.JPG

We kept 16 inchers this time. Three fish will feed two people easily.

Everybody else was catching fish and this is what I catch:

IMG_0016.JPG

For frame of reference that's a 5 inch spoon. I tossed it in the weeds and came out with a mussel.

The cabin:

IMG_0022.JPG

Notice the spruce trees in the back ground. There is a bug of some kind that is killing the spruce trees. We started noticing it in Minnesota and from the air it is very wide spread.

Chased off the lake:

IMG_0027.JPG

Fishing in the rain is no big deal but when the lightning started flashing it was time to pull in. There was a hole between the two small islands with trees. We killed 'em there.

It was a hail of a time:

IMG_0030.JPG

We had rain off and on for one day and all night one night. Missed a few hours of fishing. The fires were out by the time we left. I think Ontario needs to pay our way up when they need rain to put out the forest fires. It's worked 2 of the three times I've been up there.

View after the hail storm:

IMG_0040.JPG

It was a great trip and we are checking into another trip yet this summer. Next summer for sure.

I'm jealous. Looks like a great trip. I gotta ask. Did you have to donate anything to the queen?

We have been going to Canada for quite a while. I could easily spend half my summer up there when I retire. Absolutley love it!!
Fly in and Satellite phones only-out of touch and absolutely no care in the world. No schedules-no robo calls. That is living my friend.
Glad you got to experience and hope you make it a yearly experience.

Top Bottom