Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Backpack

Hey guys, wondering what you all are using for a backpack for a day hunt for whitetails. I've been using the bag from my hub blind to carry heavier clothing, rattling antlers, tripod seat, etc. and a fanny style pack for smaller stuff like calls, drink, lunch, knife, etc. The blind bag doesn't really do well and has several holes, so I want to upgrade to something else. Not sure how much space I need, but it seems like most of the packs I see in the stores look like they'd be full in no time with bibs and a coat. Don't want to break the bank on a pack since I don't do any long trips, but need something better than I have. Normal school backpack size won't do it. Any thoughts on what you use would be great! Thanks!

I have the tenzing 2200 pack. Large enough to carry most stuff for a day long hunt but not too bulky in the tree. I use the straps and cinch down extra clothes. They make a larger version if more space wanted, I just don't like having too much stuff up in the tree.

I’ve got bigger badlands that’s “ok”. I wish mine had those bungy type cords to hold antlers in place. I love a big back pack so it’s all in one spot. There’s a couple that fit a bow in the backpack too but maybe lose out on space. Big back pack & sling for bow & pretty much whole load is behind me. I’m curious what folks recommend though too

I have an eberlestock M5 elk pack and it fits my needs for the time being. I wish I had spent a little more for the next size up though.
Whatever you get, I recommend an internal frame and something with lots of molle attachment points. I'll attach smaller pouches to the molle straps to carry binocs or items I want handy in a pinch. The molle straps are also handy for adding gun scabbords or attaching any other extra storage you may or may not need. Mystery ranch, tensing, eberlestock are popular around here, just depends on what you want to spend and what specific needs you have in mind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have a badlands daypack that's real nice. I had an Alps before that and maybe wasnt quite as good on the quality side but had great pockets and straps. It also wasnt waterproof but had a cover. Badlands is water proof

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No way I'd want to be lugging a pack that's actually big enough to put bibs and a coat inside around the whitetail woods. Just roll them up and strap to outside. I've actually downsized from a back pack to a good fanny pack. Climbing trees and dodging limbs is a PITA with a big pack.

Been using a Badlands 2200 for years now. Thos fall I might switch over to a Badlands SuperDay pack.

I use a badlands 2200 as well. Awesome for strapping your hub blind and chairs for turkey season in the "wings". I also strap my HBS to the outside of it as well , little cumbersome in the tree at times do to the internal frame. Packed an antelope out in it once as well, but upgraded to a Mystery Ranch for a little heavier packouts.

Badlands Monster Fanny pack or the Timber pack designed for tree stand archery hunting. All Badlands packs
are guaranteed for life.

I use the sitka tool box. love it. if i was to switch it would be to the fanatic pack. I typically carry, food, drinks, antlers, arrows, rangefinder, nick nacks of some sort, gloves, neck gaiter, and then can strap jacket or anything on the outside. Have even strapped my bow to it. lots of room with all sorts of pockets and as mentioned above its on sale for 150$

Horn Hunter G2 or G3.
Made here in USA and very good folks to deal with if you have a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way I'd want to be lugging a pack that's actually big enough to put bibs and a coat inside around the whitetail woods. Just roll them up and strap to outside. I've actually downsized from a back pack to a good fanny pack. Climbing trees and dodging limbs is a PITA with a big pack.
Yeah, I've had that problem when I get the bag I use really full. Probably need to upgrade to some less bulky clothing, but for now, I use what I have. A lot of times I probably over pack for the hunt, but I can't seem to take less because of the "what if I need it" factor.

Hey guys, wondering what you all are using for a backpack for a day hunt for whitetails. I've been using the bag from my hub blind to carry heavier clothing, rattling antlers, tripod seat, etc. and a fanny style pack for smaller stuff like calls, drink, lunch, knife, etc. The blind bag doesn't really do well and has several holes, so I want to upgrade to something else. Not sure how much space I need, but it seems like most of the packs I see in the stores look like they'd be full in no time with bibs and a coat. Don't want to break the bank on a pack since I don't do any long trips, but need something better than I have. Normal school backpack size won't do it. Any thoughts on what you use would be great! Thanks!
I have done the same thing. For years I used a Primos Ground Hog blind bag to carry my clothes. I would put on my backpack and then carry the blind bag over the top of it.

Now I use An Easton Full Bore XT 5600 backpack that is awesome. It has a large bag that fits all my clothing, harness etc. That can be taken out. In warmer weather if I don't need a bunch of clothes I can leave the bag behind and just use the backpack.

e89c1717d0a2ba1a4d236ff79eed6189.jpg

They are no longer made but if you search around you might find one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I got tired of the long walk (3/4 mile) in really rocky terrain trying to carry everything I needed plus plus. My home town has a Dollar General so to save a 45 mile drive to a bigger town I checked it out. All they had were Hello Kitty back packs for school and I said no way to that. What if I ran into someone I knew!!

So a couple of hours later me and Hello Kitty headed out and I killed a 170” with a 9 inch drop tine. The point is use whatever works for you. These back pack prices are crazy these days but Kitty was only $5.99!!

A couple of years ago I got tired of the long walk (3/4 mile) in really rocky terrain trying to carry everything I needed plus plus. My home town has a Dollar General so to save a 45 mile drive to a bigger town I checked it out. All they had were Hello Kitty back packs for school and I said no way to that. What if I ran into someone I knew!!

So a couple of hours later me and Hello Kitty headed out and I killed a 170” with a 9 inch drop tine. The point is use whatever works for you. These back pack prices are crazy these days but Kitty was only $5.99!!
I don't think I could fit my Sitka Fanatic bibs, Fanatic jacket, HSS safety harness, an extra vest, Fanatic beanie and neck gator in a Hello Kitty backpack. Especially not in addition to all the other stuff I always carry.

I have an EXO 3500 for western hunting and excited to try it for stand hunting this year. You can sandwich your stand between the pack and frame and it carries the weight really nice. Very narrow so you can shoot with it on and it doesn't catch on limbs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think I could fit my Sitka Fanatic bibs, Fanatic jacket, HSS safety harness, an extra vest, Fanatic beanie and neck gator in a Hello Kitty backpack. Especially not in addition to all the other stuff I always carry.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not really particular on brand or camo pattern, mostly just enough space to hold stuff. I do like having the ability to leave the bag behind if I don't need it (when I can convince myself of that) and just take the fanny pack.

Top Bottom