Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadcast Spreader

Oct-Lull

Anyone have any input on broadcast spreaders? Looking for a 3 point that can do from clover to oats ideally. Could be PTO or electric.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have a 3pt king kutter from Blains. Seeded my yard with it and have spread fertilizer with it. I've been happy with it. Wasn't all that expensive if you get them on sale.

I have a 3pt king kutter from Blains. Seeded my yard with it and have spread fertilizer with it. I've been happy with it. Wasn't all that expensive if you get them on sale.
I have seen those, I didnt know of they would adjust fine enough for small seeds like brassicas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I dont have any experience with spreading small seeds but I would think it would work fine. It has a chart for different settings for different products. Maybe somebody will chime in that has more experience with it.

I have a Cosmo which I think is the same thing as a king kutter. It works well for bigger seeds like rye, oats, brome, even nesting habitat mixes. I also like it for fertilizer. When it comes to trying to put 4 lbs an acre down of tiny brassica seed, I prefer the ATV mounted spreader which is a lot easier to control tiny increase on.
I have used the 3 pt spreader for switch grass and alfalfa seeding so it can be done but your gonna want some extra seed to burn through during calibration.

https://www.ruralking.com/king-kutter-poly-fertilizer-spreader-s-400-p
Works just fine. Not quite as good as other methods but ..... If u pay attention and have things tight & learn how to run it- u can get seed rate really low if u wanted. Even though big unit- can do small amount of seed if u do it right. I like this one & even my old red metal junker too - so simple but pretty effective.

On small seed- u are not gonna be better vs a bag seeder, drill or utv spreader. U can catch “too much seed” way faster & adjust & it’s just a smaller / tighter means for small seed. But- with some precision- all of them can work, even big cone spreader. When I did this in past- I still packed a bag seeder with me in case of an issue.

Top Bottom