Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting WY

That's not what it says. Brain and spinal column can't leave state and should be disposed of in an approved manor to try and limit spread of CWD. Many states including Iowa and Illinois have laws prohibiting bringing brain and spinal tissue into state from known CWD positive states.

You better read again. Head can't leave the kill sight unless meat and brain is removed. I know about traveling across state lines.

From your link. With all due respect key work is in red.

"Deer, elk and moose can be transported to a camp, private residence for processing, a taxidermist, a processor or a CWD sample collection site in Wyoming provided the head and all portions of the spinal column remain at the site of kill or such parts are disposed in any approved landfill or approved incinerator in Wyoming. A listing of landfills that will accept waste from processed game animals and whole carcasses is available on the Game and Fish website."

So could a guy use an air compressor, zap all the brains out, wash the brain cavity out leaving only the lining membrane and bring home the head to be bug cleaned later? I hate boiling skulls.

I'm thinking of european mounts. Some how you have to clean the skull before bringing out. Not worried about any other parts. Bone out meat. Not wanting just a skull plate mount and not getting a full head mount done. Probably up to the warden as to how clean it is. My son a few years back got a mule deer. Left the bloodshot meat at the kill site. Warden made him go back and get it. He came out with a few parts in the bottom of a Walmart bag. Anyone willing to leave a whitetail head in the woods before cleaning it?

Last edited:
The statement after it says “OR” is the key. Pretty much the same law that most states have adopted now. Just can’t transport spinal or brain tissue over state lines. Remove the brain tissue and clean the head up at camp and you are good to go. Throw the scraps in a trash bag and dispose of properly.

Top Bottom