Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Activity SW Iowa

Fastfreddy16

My teenage boys have been out quite a bit here lately and neither one of them said they have seen a buck pushing a doe yet. I've also been out covering quite a few country miles watching what fields the geese have been landing in etc. and seen a bunch of deer each night but seems to be all the does are still with their fawns and a occasional buck just out feeding by his lonesome. I would think the rut would be kicking in here soon? Seems late to me.... What has everybody else been seeing so far?

I hunt around Honey Creek and Crescent and have put close to 50 hours in several diff stands.
I've seen 2, 120 inchers half ass chasing, but definitely not pushing hard yet.
This morning I sat til 1100, had a di link by himself and 6 does throughout the mornin

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Slow to get started over in IL near I80. (as of 3 days ago). Bigger bucks for the most part night pics .

First sit of the year for me. 3 dinks hanging together and one doe getting bumped by a fork horn. That was it, I climbed down at 10:00. I think we're still a few days away. Only going to get better!

SE Iowa this evening. Bucks very active this evening, saw 12+, including the one I wanted. Snort wheezed him in to 35 yards, but didn't shoot. He never really stopped moving and seemed ready to bolt...and I just didn't want to risk that shot. Did knock another doe down right at last light. Bucks looking and following some, but no real chasing. Bucks are keyed up though...hunt this weekend if you can! :)

My evening hunt went just like Daver's. It's definitely on here now. My top buck came in directly behind me, got inside 25 yards, I was never able to even attempt to get into position. On his way out I got one quick pic of him. I also saw two 3.5+ bucks locking horns pretty well, not a fight to the death tho. The bucks are on the move, walking, not running.

Top Bottom