Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer season of Challenges: Turned out Pretty Good

Trapshooter1

I lost 2 of my best private land hunting spots to leases. Right at the end of October I was informed of this, and it kind of let the wind out of my sails.
And with the SEA of corn that's left in the fields has definitely brought along its challenges.

Nov 7th I was on my way into 1 of my remaining spots, I hear a real low grunt to my right 30 yards. I sneak into a brush pile, while the scene unfolds,(I have no history with this deer) I see him on a dead run away from me chasing a little buck off. 30 seconds later he circled back to the doe, which I cannot see. Everything goes quite, so I let out a a couple tending grunts and a snortwheeze and there he stands at 25 yards. Walks slowly stopping periodically to 15 yards where I managed to get drawn on him at 15 yards let er fly double lung, 40 yards there he lays. Better yet he ran towards the truck

Attachments

• 20191107_161115.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
Perseverance!! Pays off! Well done & glad u pushed past the crap that got in the way. Congrats!

Top Bottom