Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/6/19

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
Took my first buck since 2015 last week. I’ve ate tag soup since then holding out for a more mature buck, but told myself after a handful of hunts this year I would take the first decent buck I had a shot on as I really needed to feel some success. I mainly hunt two small pieces of private so I don’t have much opportunity to or options in the means of stand locations or being able to help hold/draw deer to where I hunt and have better odds at a better buck and have come to realize I need to drop my standards a bit. Anyway last week I had my annual rutcation and Monday morning shortly after day break I rattle in a great buck, if you saw my thread “help” in the whitetail conference you know how that ended, I hit to high on I would guess a 150 10pt. So Wednesday morning when I was set up along a creek bottom on the downwind side of a ridge and this 10 pt came by and stopped about 30 yards to my left and freshened a scrap in the crisp beautiful morning I knew I would take my shot if presented. After making the scrape he continued down the path and I merped him at 17 yards and double lunged him and saw him go down in sight. It was great to feel some success again and I’ll properly be back to holding out again for the next couple seasons. Good luck to those with tags yet.
a75b25705a22ce178208ec5b8028dcf2.jpg
43682c3851b47274ce6bbd745216d189.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Everyone likes to enjoy success every once in a while! Like you I feel a little overdo myself!!

Top Bottom