Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pretty sure I know the answer

Pretty sure I hit back of the vitals... was a pass through and deer just kind lopped away Brown and white hairs in the grooves of the broadhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99a90202b2872982a92f1849b777071f.jpg

By the looks of the arrow you will have to wait on the tracking job for 8 hrs minimum. What do you see for a blood/ stomach matter On the trail?
I’ll be offline till after lunch good luck and others will give great advice

Agree with Ishi. Wait 8 hours ideally. If cover is decent it will go a couple hundred yards and bed. If it doesn’t die within a few hours. It will likely head for water. I would start tracking this afternoon when you have a 2-3 hours of day light left. Tracking in the dark with poor blood trail will not be productive. Good luck.

f14ce23d2d938410748b3677d68360ea.jpg

So here is how far I went, it is about 150 yards from the arrow to the blood at the top where I backed out.

Couldn’t agree with Daver and 1983 more. Guts are 24 hours. If not pushed you’ll find him within 100 yards of the shot. If pushed.....who knows. If back and caught liver he’s dead now.

Andy when you went the 150 yards what did you find paunch or intestine material.
I shot one in 92 in the intestines and found him 28 hrs later and still barely alive. We didn’t start tracking him till 12 hrs later and bumped him right away. Then waited till next day to start again

Top Bottom