Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun 1 Who’s hunting?

I have been waiting all year !!!! Only tag i have this yr!!!! Just about cant sleep!!!!!!!! Lol! Have a couple brassica plots and one bean plot to sit over on my farm. My stepson bought a camcorder and wants to try filming deer and possibly my hunt on film ! I dont know whos more excited me or him!!! Just need the weather to cooperate!!! Good luck to all ! Hope i can put team 3 on the board!###

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Going to sit in a shack in one of my picked cornfields with a landowner tag and see if one of the crews around push me a big one. Worked 2 years ago but not last year. Plan to sit all day. Rented a new farm this year that should be a better spot than I've been sitting in the past. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Taking my 70 year old father in law who hasn't been out on decades. He hunted the northern woods in Michigan so he is likly to see the biggest deer of his life (wont take much!)
Should be a neat experience.... I hope.

Taking both my boys. Plan to sit. We had some luck last year with deer being pushed to us. Hoping for the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not be hunting personally, but my oldest son will be, along with one of his friends. The friend is a first time hunter too. I will be there at the farm for support and comradery.

I will not be hunting personally, but my oldest son will be, along with one of his friends. The friend is a first time hunter too. I will be there at the farm for support and comradery.
Daver that truly is deer season the fun and seeing friends is the true spirit of deer season! The deer is the cheery on top of the sunday !!!! Good luck to all and enjoy every minute!!!

Do you guys see much in the mornings for mature buck movement on natural movement? Is it worth getting in tight to doe bedding areas?

I personaly will not hunt in the morning on my farm unless stand is bullet proof as far as entrance / exit. And wind for the day. I have no prob sacraficing a morning for an undisturbed evening sit ! Especially the way the moon phase is during gun 1 this yr moon rising in the afternoons ! Game on !!!

I'll be out. Beating the brush with the family and a few friends on some surrounding timbers, sloughs, and CRP. Small group of 7 or 8. More of a still hunt with posters approach. Lot of corn in up here so should be interesting.

Do you guys see much in the mornings for mature buck movement on natural movement? Is it worth getting in tight to doe bedding areas?

I have seen some nice bucks on stand in the morning in past years. I shot a 6 yr old buck at 9:30 am...Friend shot one at 2:30 same day, pushed into us!

We used to sit for the first 2 hours of daylight opening weekend. Between natural movement, neighboring hunters bumping deer, and deer heading for the thickest cover around when the shots start sounding off; we saw quite a bit of movement.

Be in my blind around 6 or so and won't leave until after shooting hours are over. Will do the same Sunday and maybe just an afternoon later before season is over if needed. Having a nice setup makes it a little easier to stay all day no matter what the weather does. I always pack plenty to eat and being able to fix something warm to eat is a plus. Second year at new place but did see deer in the mornings and afternoons last year. No one shotgun hunts around us 1st season but several setup in blinds like we do.

Top Bottom