Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Standard time SF2020

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill would do away with daylight savings time:

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=SF2020&ga=88

A bill from last year:

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=HF 71&ga=88

The first bill would make standard time our year round time, the second bill from a year ago would make daylight savings time our year round time. The difference? Last years bill in favor of year round DSL was sponsored by several Republicans, this year's bill in favor of year round standard time is sponsored by a Democrat.

This does have hunting implications though. I sure like DSL during turkey season because I can sleep in. I like standard time during deer season because the sun sets earlier therefore deer camp activities start earlier.

I know some hunters like DSL during deer season because the sun stays up later and they have more time to hunt after work.

Last year's bill had a subcommittee hearing but not a full committee hearing. It was referred to the Committee on State Government. This year's bill has been assigned to the same committee.

EDIT: Both were assigned to the Committee on State Government, the House bill went to the House Committee on State Government and the Senate bill went to the Senate Committee on State Government.

Last edited:
Medical studies have hinted that it isn’t healthy. I don’t care for the time change, don’t like leaving work in the dark at 5 pm. My sister live in Arizona, they opt out.

I can see if someone lives in Iowa, drives across the border for work, it might stink. They would need to make a choice on residency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been doing it all my life. Whats the big deal? Works out good in a lot of ways as Bonker pointed out.

I posted this not as a debate topic but more to point out the direct opposites and somewhat acrimonious state of affairs at the state house. One party wants one thing and the other party the direct opposite. I also posted hoping someone might point out why the Rs prefer DSL and the Ds prefer standard time.

Mox nix to me.

Top Bottom