Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Busy Evening Last Thursday

Season closed up here in NCMO today. Thursday i slid out of work and sat down in the stand at 4:30 for a quick hunt. Was warm and windy and figured deer might be craving the clover in my timber plot. 20 minutes into my sit a 6 pack of flat tops come marching down the haul road to the clover. The first big doe fed quartering away at 22 and i ran an FMJ tipped with a G5 striker thru her, exiting her opposite armpit. She packed it about 40 yards and tipped over.
Then the giant doe walked right next to the arrow stuck in the ground and stared at her fallen comrade. I quickly noked another arrow and slipped a spitfire max through both of her lungs. Watched her tip over just outside the foodplot.
I turned to hang my bow up and another 6-8 deer were headed my way down the haul road. I nocked another arrow and stopped a third doe just shy of 40 yards with another spitfire. I grabbed my last arrow as another doe was feeding to my left. I shot just over he back, it was 27 yards, not 35... 3/4, not too shabby. I drug the ladies to the edge of the plot and was walking to get the truck at 6:15, and i had doubled my body count for the season.
Excited for friends, and smoked loins on the patio this spring.
Thank ya Lord
IMG_0703.jpg60040139724__944327C9-0FB1-4520-BE56-E06E138300C0.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job doin ur part on population control! It's good to see that there are areas that still have the #'s and need to keep does in check!

Congrats! I must be getting old, as my first thought was “That looks like a lot of work!” LOL

Me too. :) It has been suggested to me by my boys that it seems like I don't shoot deer when I am hunting at the farm by myself...but rather when one, or both, of them are present to help. Dang kids...getting too smart on me! :)

Although I did whack one doe all by myself one evening this year...so it is not completely a true statement that I am getting soft/lazy in my old age. :)

Top Bottom