Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone got ice here in central Iowa?

tracker

Life Member
I checked my pond yesterday and had 4" but now have 6 inches of snow on top.
It's been a crazy winter with us havving to drive 3 hours most of the time to get on hard water. Hopefully we get some good ice to fish out before winters end

It's been a crazy winter with us havving to drive 3 hours most of the time to get on hard water. Hopefully we get some good ice to fish out before winters end

Roughly where is your pond located? I ask because I intend to ice fish my own pond this winter...if there is ever enough safe ice that is. In all my years, I really have never ice fished...but over the past year or two I have now scratched together enough gear to do it. I also have one of those underwater cameras and really want to be able to see "my" fish. :)

I fished my pond yesterday in NE Davis County and found 5" to 6" of good ice. BUT...I also learned that I suck as an ice fisherman...as I caught nothing. I am sure it was my bad as I don't know what I am doing. :) (Sorry Wapsi...no pics of me in the pond yesterday. :))

In moments like that I start to believe in global warming.

A coworker said Lake McBride was shoulder to shoulder ice fisherman last Sunday. Ice was 6”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulder to shoulder today as well. I was on the east side of the causeway. Not too many over there but the west side as packed. No bites and only marked a few fish.

Top Bottom