Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Using dogs while fur harvesting HF 2174

So running coon/coyote dogs is a “get out of jail free” card for trespassing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So running coon/coyote dogs is a “get out of jail free” card for trespassing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the time being. It’s sad to see how little these guys appreciate what they have. I can’t walk the ditch and let my bird dogs run through private property.

I don’t think the bill did anything to make them worried, so I expect the bill will be back next year.

I've seen both sides of this. Good and bad. Guys that genuinely try to follow the rules and keep dogs controlled and others that let dogs out knowing damn well exactly where they are going to go and not supposed to be. I don't have the answers. I don't want to take away any aspect of hunting, but I can't stand the few bad eggs that intentionally do whatever they damn well please.
Wait til those bad eggs teach guys with shed dogs how to operate

For the time being. It’s sad to see how little these guys appreciate what they have. I can’t walk the ditch and let my bird dogs run through private property.

I don’t think the bill did anything to make them worried, so I expect the bill will be back next year.

Well I think you just need to get some dumber dogs...you know, the ones that can't read the "No Trespassing" signs...then you should be good. :) :) I kid, I kid.

(Not directed towards you Misskiwi.) I have been very surprised, and also dismayed, to learn that so many otherwise respectful sportsmen are standing in support of the rogue houndsmen. Their rationale is that we don't want any more laws restricting sportsmen, etc. I strenuously disagree that hunters that deliberately release their dogs onto land that they do not have permission to be on are truly sportsmen, but there is a contingent that feels strongly the other way.

I do think this is a case where a minority of disrespectful houndsmen are fixing to make for a much more restrictive situation for the many houndsmen that do secure permission and respect others, etc. We shall see.

I was pretty torn, then started reading how these guys feel and quickly got angry.

I don’t care how many times I get arrested, I’m gonna run my dogs where I want.

Those dang trail cameras, nobody knew we were running dogs through their properties before they had cameras.

As a landowner, this attitude is infuriating. And it wasn’t the 1%, It’s the majority with the 1% telling them to keep it off the internet. Not stop, just keep it off the internet.

Not sure who posted on Facebook. Rep Bacon with his comments
https://www.facebook.com/groups/548993659039349/permalink/550122238926491/

What strikes me about that video is Representative Bacon's continual use of the term "hunting privilege". I think a lot of hunters have forgotten that hunting is a privilege, not a right. We enjoy the privilege of hunting but the right to privacy (no trespassing) is guaranteed by the Constitution, hunting is not. There was a bill here in Iowa last year that would have added hunting as a right but it went nowhere.

Some of you may remember back in the day when licenses were written out on a small pad. As I recall the only thing that was filled in was name, height, weight and eye color. At the very top of that licenses in bold, uppercase red letters was "Hunting is a privilege, ask the farmer first". The old licenses have gone the way of the Bonker but the message and the law remain the same.

I felt the Representative's message was "respect the privilege or lose it."

Top Bottom