Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Senate version of NRLO bill SSB 3129

I don’t know one NRLO near me. Period. The “guy” to my East is my brother lol we invest together. That’s a stretch I think.

Again NRLOs aren’t bad people. Your inflexibility on this issue has created the non management issues and potential disease problems. You’ll force law makers to deal with it this year, next, whenever. It will be dealt with.

I will maintain 50% nrlo is ridiculous. Skip provided no source because he can’t.

Btw, how’d you get my name and why the stalking. You want to go on a date.
You lied. You clearly have a good amount of NRLO around you. My question is.. why lie about it? you have no credibility now. Please tell us some more lies...

Are we getting into stalking here? Searching names and parcels? If so I’d say that is probably “not” what a hunting forum members should do?
Watch for dead bunnies in boiling pots!

I don’t know one NRLO near me. Period. The “guy” to my East is my brother lol we invest together. That’s a stretch I think. If there is a guy from Georgia 2 miles away that’s hardly 50%.

Again NRLOs aren’t bad people. Your inflexibility on this issue has created the non management issues and potential disease problems. You’ll force law makers to deal with it this year, next, whenever. It will be dealt with.

I will maintain 50% nrlo is ridiculous. Skip provided no source because he can’t.

Btw, how’d you get my name and why the stalking. You want to go on a date.
The Georgia is directly SE of you, your corners touch.
And no to the date, but if ya need someone to help control let me know. I don't need directions lol.

Stalking? With today’s apps I have been all over the state seeing who owns what where. For someone that likes to stir the crap out of the pot on here with everyone what’s wrong with someone calling him out for lying? I didn’t believe that he had no NR in his area either. How many times has he questioned others responses and Implied they are full of it basically? I like my NR neighbors and get along with them all but I guarantee he would not be one I got along with if he lived by me.

Last edited:
you should not be stalking people
Ridiculous. If a ass-hat is going to come on a public forum and make false calms and call someone else out. The damn owner of this site than he needs to be fact checked. For months he's been claiming no Non-Res by him. Also he still hasn't answered my question in the first place.

The guy southeast of me is older and actually from South Carolina now and does not hunt. His deceased wife’s family owned the property that was transferred to them. He lives there in the summer and leaves October 1. He “leases” his property to a resident to his East who hunts it.

Abell13, No, I didn’t lie. I know no nrlo hunters near me. Any other inquiries??

Last edited:
Farmer at work today had the radio on AM 950. There was 2 or 3 legislators on there pumping this bill up as great for the economy and needed for completely over populated deer herds.

Boyd is spot on - deer populations are not anywhere close on a statewide basis to 10 yrs ago...I hunt two different regions of the state on a regular basis and neither region is close to 2007-2009 levels. The recent EHD region where my farm is located took a very hard hit this fall. My permission areas of Central IA (100 miles north) are also definitely down from 10 years ago. DNR harvest numbers show these trends. I am sure certain pockets of the state may be high but legislators commenting about statewide over-population are just reading a script given to them by some group motivated to decimate the deer herd.

Boyd is spot on - deer populations are not anywhere close on a statewide basis to 10 yrs ago...I hunt two different regions of the state on a regular basis and neither region is close to 2007-2009 levels. The recent EHD region where my farm is located took a very hard hit this fall. My permission areas of Central IA (100 miles north) are also definitely down from 10 years ago. DNR harvest numbers show these trends. I am sure certain pockets of the state may be high but legislators commenting about statewide over-population are just reading a script given to them by some group motivated to decimate the deer herd.
Agree on above. I have ONE farm that had major overpopulation this last season (long story- perfect storm)... I see many other areas with low to medium populations. Exactly though- way less deer, on average, than 10 years ago. Great point. & irrelevant of management - feel bad for folks in lucas, warren, Monroe, Madison that really got devastated with ehd.

side note- I know this topic runs high passions & feelings. Myself included- let’s maybe drop it down a couple notches so we’re still having great debate & hardcore but without getting too bad on mud slinging. I get it. We all do - just drop down a tiny notch. If u got solid points to be made (like one above or on any side) - make the case. Love the debate.

The guy southeast of me is actually from South Carolina now and does not hunt. His deceased wife’s family owned the property that was transferred to them. He lives there in the summer and leaves October 1. He “leases” his property to a resident to his East who hunts it.

Abell13, No, I didn’t lie. I know no nrlo hunters near me. Any other inquiries??

Just because you dont "know" them, doesn't mean their not there...

What??? I do know him. He’s not a nrlo hunter. He’s old, widowed and leaves October 1. His resident neighbor to the East leases his property for hunting.

I agree with Skip. I’m as much to blame as anyone on this topic. I appreciate everyone’s passion. I’m gonna watch from here on out.

I would say NRLO have very little do do with the overall management in the state. Its residents that restrict access. That is thier right as a landowner. Is it smart? I would say no. Plenty of farmers here bitch about killing deer on rental farms but have 1 guy on the home farm, or they are all leased out to an outfitter or 1 guy or a small group. This has nothing ro do with management, resident or non. Its a money grab. Deer numbers in the NE are garbage, way down. Few big farms are severely over populated but as a whole its down. The long and the short is you dont live here, you dont get resident rights. Its that simple. Its the choice you made when you bought here but didnt move here. The system is working fine, the only reason it is pushed to change in a financial one. Period. Guys were being drawn in zone 9 with 2 points this year for archery, can it be that bad?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is no different than identity politics. A few people claim an issue and want a resolution that is definitely not in the majority's best interest. What a waste of time. Of all the big fish to fry, this is the garbage wasting the time of the politicians elected only by residents of Iowa.

I hope our elected officials use this to wipe their ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, out of the blue they scheduled another committee meeting for tomorrow and this bill is on the agenda. I tried to talk myself out of posting it last night but I was so hopeful. I forgot one of my basic tenants in life: It never pays to feel good about anything. I apologize for any false hope I gave everyone.

This bill is also way too complicated. It is just the foot in the door. If it passes it won’t be long until they're back to “clean up” the langue and open the flood gates.

Iowa is pretty much the “last best place” for quality whitetail deer hunting. Bills like this will surely put an end to that.

I have a bad feeling that we are too late on this. The hound hunters did it right. Actually showing up and making their presence felt during the sub. What really needs to happen is a bunch of Iowa hunters in Orange and Camo on the capitol steps.

Top Bottom