Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Senate version of NRLO bill SSB 3129

If you owned land there would you have to wait 26 years?

No idea and don't really care - I live within 30 miles of all of my land so i can manage and maintain it and hunt whenever I want or just walk around and enjoy it.
I cant imagine owning land in another state so far away that i am limited on how much time I can spend there

No idea and don't really care - I live within 30 miles of all of my land so i can manage and maintain it and hunt whenever I want or just walk around and enjoy it.
I cant imagine owning land in another state so far away that i am limited on how much time I can spend there
For me it is not that hard as I live 5 hours away. I can leave at 7 am and be there by noon. But it is not for everyone, I understand.

How long should Colorado make us all wait for elk then? How long should MN make NR wait to get a bear tag? 15,000 bear in MN, compared to 400,000?? Deer in Iowa.
Is Minnesota the best place in the world to hunt bear?

Cuz Iowa is the best place in the world to hunt deer.

If people want to "just hunt deer", hell go to Michigan. There is like a million of them.

No one would be having this debate if Iowa wasnt special. That's why everyone wants to hunt here! It needs to be treated like a special place. Very delicately.

I'm not tied into the elk world that well but I know a little bit. How long to draw a tag in the Arizona strip? 30 years????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#1. How long should Colorado make us all wait for elk then? #2. How long should MN make NR wait to get a bear tag? 15,000 bear in MN, compared to 400,000?? Deer in Iowa.

#1. That's up to the residents of Colorado.
#2. That's up to the residents of Minnesota.

First off, I enjoy seeing your input here on IW Hardwood and I wish you well wherever it is that you are hunting. But I do disagree with you in this way...many of us already have a significant number of NRLO's in our area and this is when they cannot legally get an archery buck tag but every 3-4 years. That is how desirable it apparently is to serious NRLO to archery hunt whitetails here. Whatever proposed legislation that may be passed makes it more desirable for NR's to become LO's here is definitely going to impact access for...native Iowans.

B
#1. That's up to the residents of Colorado.
#2. That's up to the residents of Minnesota.

First off, I enjoy seeing your input here on IW Hardwood and I wish you well wherever it is that you are hunting. But I do disagree with you in this way...many of us already have a significant number of NRLO's in our area and this is when they cannot legally get an archery buck tag but every 3-4 years. That is how desirable it apparently is to serious NRLO to archery hunt whitetails here. Whatever proposed legislation that may be passed makes it more desirable for NR's to become LO's here is definitely going to impact access for...native Iowans.

Thanks and the same to you...I respect you guys, this is just discussion. I would not have an issue with states looking at reciprocity to be totally fair about it.

B

Thanks and the same to you...I respect you guys, this is just discussion. I would not have an issue with states looking at reciprocity to be totally fair about it.
Not many people people going to spend 600$-700$ to hunt Minnesota. Lowering Iowa for Minnesotans is like trading an Impala for a Duramax, doesnt benefit Iowans much. Problem here is say one thing do another for most. Talk management, no one is marching to the capital to shoot 8 does a year and draw 1 buck every 4 like it is already but thats management. The majority wants buck tags. Killing bucks isnt management unless your killing large numbers of does. No one, not even residents are able to achieve proper numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wasn't just talking MN deer hunting. Each state/every state would shoot for more quality hunting and fishing would limit NR based on quality of game and fish ...copy Iowa's lead. Fishing in MN would be a good start. Like they could (angle) but not catch walleye, catfish and bullheads would be fine, sunfish and crappie if you have a cabin or lake home, walleye every 3rd year....
(This is mainly sarcasm)

..... but anyway other states should do this, and see how it goes. I don't see NR as an issue, so could care less if they come to MN. We thrive off the $$ spent on our lakes.

Last edited:
The NRLOs are going to save us from CWD and EHD by getting any sex tags pushing their agenda by saying they want to be able to manage their farms by shooting does lmao Make it NRLOs get a tag with a minimum of 200 acres and I honestly would be open to it. 80 acres is a frickin joke.

Everything and anything proposed here is a joke. The acreage isn’t enough, the wait isn’t adequate, deer and elk aren’t the same, NRLOs aren’t serious about managing their land, deer and Minnesota fish are different, NRLOs don’t contribute to Iowa like residents, disease is an excuse, the politicians are being bought, my entire county is owned by out of staters NRLOs are all wealthy.... blah blah. Nothing will ever satisfy this site. Spin, spin, spin.

Last edited:
These topics make AT a couple days ago! Many on there get it but...... the seasoned tools will disagree with everything!
Yes I’m getting involved on both fronts :D:D

Everything and anything proposed here is a joke. The acreage isn’t enough, the wait isn’t adequate, deer and elk aren’t the same, NRLOs aren’t serious about managing their land, deer and Minnesota fish are different, NRLOs don’t contribute to Iowa like residents, disease is an excuse, the politicians are being bought, my entire county is owned by out of staters NRLOs are all wealthy.... blah blah. Nothing will ever satisfy this site. Spin, spin, spin.

You should quit now. Your spin was spun out long ago. It failed again. I hope JJ wasted millions.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Like a bad hangover. Loved the earlier comments about stalking. Reminded me of the time that one of you posted my name, and land locations. Funny how that is now frowned upon by you. Weird.

Keep banging those heads against the wall boys.

I’m afraid to change my underwear after reading all this! It might ruin the deer hunting in Iowa!!
You should be. The one thing I dont get about all of the NRLO arguing is this. You guys have the formula for what makes Iowa so special apparently. Why don't you partner up in your home states and buy big tracts where you can get tags every year. Iowa is special cuz no guns in November. Then dont let anyone on your property gun hunt in November and you'll have your own piece of paradise. Should work great in both Minnesota and Pennsylvania

Gotta go. Im getting on a plane after an out of state fishing trip. Lots of fun. I can go anytime and I dont have to buy any beachfront!

Answer my question I have asked you multiple times. Why did you buy land in Iowa? ( I know you answer). You bought land here for one reason and now you want to change that? 15 years ago if Iowa let every Tom, Dick, and harry buy a NR tag every year you WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IN IOWA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Top Bottom