Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Necked cartidge bill returns HF 716

Done. I"m getting really worn out from this stuff. Year after year a constant barrage of changes like this. Seems a trend to broaden "opportunities", take money away from the DNR, mainly in the name of "kids". Crazy. I have kids I'm introducing into hunting now. Don't need any of these new changes to make that happen. None. :)

They are just using the kids as a foot in the door, it's an easier sell. Kind of like taking your kid along to go ask for hunting permission.
If they can't get it through on the backs of the kids, they'll probably try the lgbtq community next. No one would dare say no to that!

Last edited:
There has not been an amendment published so no idea. A sub may recommend and amendment but it may never happen. It might not be amended until it comes up for debate on the floor so there is zero time for public evaluation.

As a side note, some amendments to bills are published well in advance, this appears not to be one of them.

ATTENTION GRASSROOT IOWANS

HF716 needs to be stopped!

Somehow this bill made it through the House last year and has made it through Senate Subcommittee and Committee this session and is eligible for debate and voting into law.

Hidden under the pretext of simplifying the rules for handgun, This bill would make very large, very long range rifles legal in Iowa for Youth and during Shotgun Seasons.
375 H&H Magnum, 375 Ruger, 400 Nitro Express, 416 Rigby, 458 Winchester etc would be LEGAL!! These are ELEPHANT guns - not Iowa deer guns.
Would also legalize some variations of ammo for use in 9mm - is that a good deer weapon???

I've been told by people pushing this law that we need to look more at what Missouri is doing with some of their seasons and weapons choices - Do we want to be like Missouri for deer hunting?

I believe this is a stepping stone to opening up ALL weapons for deer hunting in Iowa - Do we want that?

Email your senators today and let them know your thoughts

At least Art always replies.
59d03aa22dc4d5e78ebe3df3b2172289.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WRITE IN!!!!!
ALL THIS IS!!!!!!!! ...... A bill to prop up gun sales- PERIOD!!!!! This has zero to do with management or “opportunity”!!!! I’ll leave out the countless reasons this is not good for our state. The important part I can’t emphasize enough- this is 100% special interests looking for gun sales. (The bills main sponsor/supporter/writer is a state Rep, non-hunter out of western iowa who is a former gun smith whose family is/was in gun sales business). Since the gun sales best Salesman is gone (Obama) - gun sales have stabilized and they need more $ back in the pipeline. Doesn’t matter the cost to the resource.

They are arguing this like “well, if you’re not for this, you’re not supporting the 2nd amendment!” BS!!!!!! Garbage argument. NRA & 2nd amendment are great. NRA needs to stay in their lane and stay out of Iowa’s deer season!!!!!!!!
6,6,6,4!!!!..... 6% timber, 6 seasons, 6+ weapons already, 4 months of hunting!!! NO MORE!!!! STOP!!!!
You wanna add rifles to a hunting season - go add Rifles to duck season!!!!!!!! Leave our regs alone!!!!

NRA needs to stay in their lane and stay out of Iowa’s deer season!!!!!!!!

The NRA along with a state rep is how crossguns came to WI even after the sportsmen of WI voted year after year to not allow crossguns in......I can not stand special interest groups and 99% of politicians.

Anybody else get the email blast from the IFC today? They are blaming bowhunters for spreading misinformation about the bill and that misinformation is keeping the bill hung up in the legislature.

It may become necessary to do another round of contacts with your Senator, stay tuned.

Last edited:
I went to a Hunter Safety Instructor Training session last night and they repeated stressed how we need to teach how different the 45/70 or 450 bushmaster rounds are than shotgun slugs. The majority of injuries and accidents seem to come from these guns as they have a lot more power and range. And now they want to pass a law making even more powerful guns allowable? Just say NO!

Anybody else get the email blast from the IFC today? They are blaming bowhunters for spreading misinformation about the bill and that misinformation is keeping the bill hung up in the legislature.

It may become necessary to do another round of contacts with your Senator, stay tuned.

No I haven’t yet!
Awesome job bowhunters!!!!! Keep it up

All, I have been advised that the email has been rewritten or will soon be rewritten. Let's let this one work itself out. People way above my pay grade and ability are handling this.

Top Bottom