Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great video/message

Great content - not involving my 4 kids more in my outdoors passion is one of my biggest regrets. Various circumstances dictated their lack of involvement, including my selfishness at certain times in the past. They are all adults now and driven to pursue their own paths and passions in life, which is great. Only my youngest daughter, now 20, has hunted with me in recent years. The one-on-one time with her are special memories for both of us.

I can only hope that now that our family owns a farm, that my kids or future generations can develop their own outdoor passions, whether hunting, fishing, or anything else.

That was awesome! Brought back so many memories from my first deer hunt in 1967 with my father to present day hunting with my son. Now my grandson wants to give it a whirl and I will be thrilled to experience that with him like my father did. I too am getting older and feeling the effects but the passion lives on, thanks for sharing Muddy!

Great content - not involving my 4 kids more in my outdoors passion is one of my biggest regrets. Various circumstances dictated their lack of involvement, including my selfishness at certain times in the past. They are all adults now and driven to pursue their own paths and passions in life, which is great. Only my youngest daughter, now 20, has hunted with me in recent years. The one-on-one time with her are special memories for both of us.

I can only hope that now that our family owns a farm, that my kids or future generations can develop their own outdoor passions, whether hunting, fishing, or anything else.

Grandkids Bret, grandkids. There's still time. :)

Good perspective in that video, thanks for sharing. I remember someone telling me when I was 17 or 18 that I wouldn't always be as crazy about hunting as I was then. I thought they nuts...I was ALWAYS going to hunt like a wild man. Well...they were right after all. :) Things change, testosterone levels drop, life happens, etc. :)

I still love hunting, but my main enjoyment comes from the things associated with hunting...time with family and friends, putting work into habitat improvement and then later hearing a quail whistling where none were before, seeing a deer in a clover plot that didn't exist previously, etc, etc, etc.

My first grandchild is due in about a month...I have already asked permission to take him hunting and fishing...I can't wait! :)

This one hit pretty hard for me this morning. Last spring I asked my 85 year old grandfather to go fishing with me. At that point we'd been fishing buddies for all 25 years of my life and for the first time in my life, he told me no. He didn't think he would be able to get down to the water. Even though I knew better, for some reason it was like I thought things would never change and he'd always be able to go fishing. He was diagnosed with cancer last fall and has really gone down hill since Christmas.

At some point we all are going to do something with someone we care about for the last time and we probably won't even know in that moment that it really is the last time. Gotta cherish every moment. Thanks for sharing Muddy.

Great video. That one really hit home. I'm 49. Take my kids when they can or will go. Fishing, hunting, adventuring. Time is short and I think of the times I hunted with my dad, uncles, brother and grandfather. My grandfather passed several years ago, but I can remember the last time he went turkey hunting. We had a blast. Man, our time here is short.

I was very guilty of a lot of things in this video with the drive to hunt. In your older years or mine I regret many things I did.
Now with a boom of grandkids coming life has taken a new meaning and hopefully I can introduce them to the great outdoors!
As the seasons are dwindling down I don’t see how the passion to hunt will die even if the body can’t.
Great video muddy and thanks for sharing!!

Cool Video!!! I definitely see these changes in myself and the others I hunt with. Still love to get after it but I definitely appreciate the journey much more today than 5 years ago.

Taking my son with me over the last few years is something I have really enjoyed and he definitely makes me a better person and the “things never go as planned” quote couldn’t be more true. I have learned to slow down, be patient, and just enjoy every second I am in the woods with him. He is only 8 and I really look forward to sharing knowledge with him and especially look forward to the days when he is sharing it back with me.

Thanks for sharing!

Cool Video!!! I definitely see these changes in myself and the others I hunt with. Still love to get after it but I definitely appreciate the journey much more today than 5 years ago.

Taking my son with me over the last few years is something I have really enjoyed and he definitely makes me a better person and the “things never go as planned” quote couldn’t be more true. I have learned to slow down, be patient, and just enjoy every second I am in the woods with him. He is only 8 and I really look forward to sharing knowledge with him and especially look forward to the days when he is sharing it back with me.

Thanks for sharing!

We should get together sometime again before we die!

That’s a very good video. Can relate to taking my boys to all the games (hundreds) then hunting with them all weekend. So much fun. For those that have young kids Get ready for a fun ride!

After 7 trips to Colorado elk hunting with my dad, including 2 each with my teenaged boys, it was a bit of a stomach punch when I called to say I was going again and he said he wasn't sure he was up to the trip. Cherish each trip with a hunting partner as you don't know when it will be the last one

Thanks for sharing the video Muddy.

Top Bottom