Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shrooms

tracker

Life Member
They are starting to find some small greys in full sun south facing slopes covered in moss.
Hopefully this weather stays warm enough for a bumper crop this year

My brother and I found several Saturday and Sunday in polk county on a bike ride on the trails in dsm area. Was not even looking for them, just happed to notice a few on the edge of the trail so we checked the timber off the side of the trail.

Wow!!! What types of trees? I went out for 30 mins... dead elms- nothing. Live bigger maples- had shrooms.

Dead elms and just ridge tops for most of them. Found quite a few right along the creeks too

ya dead elms here too. Full Sun no canopy areas also.
Wish I could find some of that bagged green stuff like Kratz has in upper right corner

Two trips on my 120 acres Thursday and Sunday yielded 170. A few dry ones Sunday but not bad. My place is usually not too good until the first week or two of May.

Very puny mushroom season for us too. Nearby neighbors also report next to nothing. I suspect the cold snap 2-3 weeks ago...but I don't know. Some years are good, some years are terrible.

I'm 0-2 so far, not counting the one dried up gray my wife found. It's been probably 4 years since we've found enough to even bother cooking up. Used to find tons of them each spring

I'm 0-2 so far, not counting the one dried up gray my wife found. It's been probably 4 years since we've found enough to even bother cooking up. Used to find tons of them each spring
I have a similar experience. What ya think it is? My own theory has been that all my elms are already too far dead... but then i see others with piles. I just cant seem to find em anymore in any sort of quantity.

Man! What areas you find them? I've been out 3 times for a whipping ZERO.
Near the Cedar River. My river bottom land had nothing. That is usually either all out bust or boom. I have found hundreds there and I have had years of zero like this year. I have a large ravine through the property that is usually pretty good but that was horrible this year. The actual edge of the river bluff (West facing) was pretty good and on top of the bluff mostly in wooded flat spots for some reason. Light grassy areas meeting heavy leaf beds were the spots this year.

I'm pretty lucky with my property though. It has lot of varied terrain and has always had good mushrooms somewhere on it. For most of my life I thought I sucked at mushroom hunting until I bought this place. Then realized it's more like the old house buying saying...location, location, location!

Wonder with some rain and warm temps if we'll find some late ones? I found a few early in a place that's usually later and thought the cold stopped some of them in a couple places I hunt. This place got a lot of sun so maybe it was early this go round. Going to look this weekend.

Finally got the heat we needed up here in NEIA to get me to look. Took the kids out just to do a check last night. Didn't have a sack and found a few but the kids had shorts on and found the nettles patch so cut the night short. Then had about 45 minutes to sneak out today with the 4 year old and managed to find a pretty good amount under one tree. Will head out tomorrow to check other spots.
1a5e46d8808c91306c0376269939fa5e.jpg
77460bbda28b985ad15f154751b6e252.jpg
61677600773f03837404540bd84cf974.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom