Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Son Connects!

cybball

My 13 year old finally got a great bird today. After making more noise than a one man band hauling in the blind, decoys, backpacks, gun and chairs, we finally got set up. Stake on the hen decoy broke and the local cows stopped to lick my jake decoy for quite a while. They finally lost interest and a tom gobbling over 300 yards away at the far end of the pasture finally started our way. Got him to come to the jake at full strut and my son made a nice shot on him. 23lbs and 10 inch beard. Enormous spurs. Really proud of him.
c87af7407a6b917c61abc72f8adb889f.jpg

82023b962f8329f6359452a78eff4b99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bird, congrats! My 7yo came with me this year for the first time, it's amazing how much more gear you have to haul in and how much longer setup/breakdown is.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice!! Been there :) ...setting up with kids in tow can be challenging...but also some of the very best memories of all. Congrats to all, those are really nice spurs!

Nice!! Been there :) ...setting up with kids in tow can be challenging...but also some of the very best memories of all. Congrats to all, those are really nice spurs!
My son joined me twice this year and both times we tagged a bird. Those are my two favorite hunts to date.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom