Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Receiver mounted spreader

Huntinguy

Hey guys looking for a spreader to put on a rangers receiver. The biggest thing I was trying to find is one that has an agitator to keep it from plugging up and keeping a consistent flow. Mostly want to spread fert, p&k on plots

I did a lot of research on this same subject and wanted a quality one that could also be used for fluffy CRP grasses - something most will not do
I'd had enough of the cheap plastic crud ones the farm stores carry that only last a year or two.
I ended up with a HERD spreader and added the vibrating agitator that allows for all seed types
Unfortunately, havent had time to test it out yet so reports to share

I did a lot of research on this same subject and wanted a quality one that could also be used for fluffy CRP grasses - something most will not do
I'd had enough of the cheap plastic crud ones the farm stores carry that only last a year or two.
I ended up with a HERD spreader and added the vibrating agitator that allows for all seed types
Unfortunately, havent had time to test it out yet so reports to share

Good call here on the cheap plastic ones from the farm stores. Learned that lesson the hard way I have an 85 lb pull behind agri-fab. Seems well built and has nice tires. Problem is there is only a wingnut to cinch down to hold the sizing lever in place.

I made the mistake of only hand tightening (as tight as i could) when putting it behind the ranger in a plot that was just disced. Very bumpy....and at some point...very early in the spread...the connection loosened up and opened the spreader all the way up.

On a ranger obviously you can't see the hopper on the pull behind so I had no idea. Got through with one pass and stopped to check it thinking i would see about 1/3rd of the seed gone...but its ALL gone and I have no idea where I ran out. Don't make that mistake :) That was my own spin on 'overseeding'

The plastic ones are good for the lawn tractor and the yard around the house only imo. Even a receiver mounted one is gonna take a pounding behind an atv/ranger. Make sure whatever you buy has a SOLID lock down on the adjustment.

Doesn't really answer the OP's question...just wanted to point out not to make that mistake.

Top Bottom