Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old grain bin worth?

deerdown

I have an old 5000bu grain bin not being used and a local guy wants to buy it.
Any idea on it's worth?

So- he’s gonna move it? It’s old so it’s mounted to a cement slab (vs the upright cone type) ?

He's going to have to move it, I have no means to move it. It's the kind that sits on a slab. It's in good shape, but has no fan, augers, etc. Just the bin.

Not worth very much with it being a small bin. Maybe fifty cents per bushel? See what the guy is willing to pay.

I'd gladly take $2500 for it ! It's not being used, but on the tax rolls......
Like chipterp said. I would take anything he would give you for it. Doing you a favor getting it gone. Dont forget to tell the assessor when it leaves.

Ha!!!! Ya- we had a 8,000-ish bushel grain dryer stolen. It was newer and nice. I think that was like $20-ish?? Likely enough for a pound of premium Breaking Bad Grade Meth!!

We have some OLD 5-10k bushel bins sitting around that don’t get used. I agree with above - they aren’t worth much & no one uses my old small ones. I’d probably take a small amount - if he’s gonna move it- be great. Maybe trade something? Maybe this guy has thousands of acres no one hunts filled with countless 200” bucks?!?! ;).

Lol, $2500 would have made my day, but probably optimistic. He said he wasn't going to use it as a grain bin, didn't say what it was for tho.
He hasn't called back so maybe he found one elsewhere.
I have seen people take some of the lower panels off and the center lid off and put a fire pit in the center. The air flow carries the smoke up and out the lid. Makes a covered outdoor patio. Not what I would want, but have seen them. Also seen guys store firewood in them.

Here's an idea...one that I wish I had thought of myself once upon a time before I built a cabin. Convert the old bin into a cabin!

Here's an idea...one that I wish I had thought of myself once upon a time before I built a cabin. Convert the old bin into a cabin!

First hail storm should be interesting with a tin roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are companies that do the spray foam thing. I’d have them do the whole interior and make a lodge of it. But that is just the redneck in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if they come and remove it and pay you a few hundred dollars that's about the most you can expect.

Top Bottom