Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Couple nice Largies

jkratz5

Been continuing to fish about every nice night we have. Been a fun learning year on the largemouth, trying new baits and fishing styles.

Caught several nice ones last night on a jerk bait, definitely a fun way to fish for them

B77D1C8C-CBF9-4115-8C36-5215F89C6B36.jpeg
B76A0C21-AEA1-4EB9-9558-E12F09E3F602.jpeg

Have you tried Sluggos yet? I would rate those very high on the big bass lure list. :) They are also a good bait for kids to use and fun to catch them on for adults too.

I have not tried them yet but will this weekend, never tried them actually but they look fun

do you fish then weighted (Texas rig) or just float them?

I have not tried them yet but will this weekend, never tried them actually but they look fun

do you fish then weighted (Texas rig) or just float them?

No weight. Just cast, let it sink a bit, twitch the rod a time or two...let it sit still(key point) for a second or two and then repeat. Most pickups will be when the lure is "resting". The slack will begin to go away as the fish swims off with it and then drop your rod tip to give it just a bit more slack and cause the fish not to feel any resistance...then WHAMMO, set the hook. :)

Have you tried Sluggos yet? I would rate those very high on the big bass lure list. :) They are also a good bait for kids to use and fun to catch them on for adults too.
Gonna get some good bass baits. I’ll try sluggos. What else u all feel are top notch pond bass lures?

Gonna get some good bass baits. I’ll try sluggos. What else u all feel are top notch pond bass lures?

Hard to beat plastics. Stay basic

1. 6-7” u tail worm
2. Finesse worms and Senkos - remember on all your worms to try different setups - whacky, shaky head, Texas rig
3. Top waters - frogs, buzzbaits
4. I love fishing jointed rapalas -shallow divers

should get you started

I use the following most often...

1. In line spinners, such as Mepps, Panther Martin, etc. These will catch bass and bluegill too.
2. Jigs - some plain head maribou, some with a little spinner on the head, with either a plastic jig body or maribou. Catches anything.
3. Topwater - anything that floats and "chugs". :) Mostly bass, but some bluegills this way too.
4. Plastics - like the aforementioned Sluggo.
5. Hard baits - Rapala's, I also like jointed ones and almost always use floating style.
6. Top secret pond lure - Heddon Sonars, small ones, vertical jig, don't cast them you will lose them on snags almost every other cast that way.

I'll echo what's been stated. Ribbon tail and senko style worms are hard to beat. Wacky rigged weightless in weedy ponds is a killer. Id add in jigs, jerkbaits(hard and soft), top water, spinnerbaits and chatterbaits. Spooks, hula popper, and frogs depending on vegetation of the pond. My old stand by used to be a #2 Firetiger Mepps inline spinner. Caught a ton of bass with that bait

Top Bottom