Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sun protection gear

madplotter

PMA Member
As I get older, I try to watch my sun exposure. I know Huk has a lot of gear but what does everyone wear for sun shirts, hats etc? Long days in a boat and on a tractor make me more cautious as I get ready to hit 50. My mom has to have spots removed every year since she's hit her 70s. Trying to be a bit proactive...

Good sunscreen, SPF hat and shirt, and you should be as good as you can be. I've graduated to wide brimmed floppy hats when I'm outdoors for long periods.

Good idea. I'm 43 and have had a bunch of stuff scraped off and need to go in again for 2 spots on my bald spot that have popped up.

If it's just for wearing at the farm and what not, check out sportsmans guide. I bought 3 or 4 of them for the price of 1 of the Huk shirts.

If it's just for wearing at the farm and what not, check out sportsmans guide. I bought 3 or 4 of them for the price of 1 of the Huk shirts.

Thanks all, I will do that. I am not a big fan of sunscreen so i try to avoid it. I will check out the Guide...

AFTCO is another brand that comes to mind. Pretty pricey stuff but high quality. I have some shirts that I got from the local Amish store that came in on a closeout semi from Gander Mountain. They are their own brand shirts and the price was right. It does a pretty good job

I’m 41 and outdoor nut. Had patch of skin cancer taken off back last year. I’ve been “reasonably good” about protection... think it was the days as a kid running outside like Maniacs for years.
sunscreen like crazy now. But gonna look into above.

Top Bottom