Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa NR Draw

Maybe delayed due to Covid:rolleyes:

Seems like most are back to work, but not sure on the DNR employees,..in Minnesota the DNR are still working from home I think?

I remember reading other posts in the past about checking the CC card to se if it's been charged. That may not have been for Iowa though.

I would sure think the numbers of applicants is down, but who knows? Resort business is up in MN, so it is not like everyone is staying home.

I would sure think the numbers of applicants is down, but who knows? Resort business is up in MN, so it is not like everyone is staying home.

I'm sure MN is getting a lot of people that were planning on going to Canada? This sure has put a damper a lot of peoples plans for traveling. Not a hunting or fishing trip, but we were to leave for Norway at the end of June and finally found out that our flights have been cancelled and will be getting a full refund instead of a credit to use at a later date.

Has to be. I personally know of 6 people that decided not to apply. A large percentage of NR applications come from places like Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.... all hit far worse with Covid than here in Iowa... point being their perception of it is just different.

i live in PA and work in NJ at Picatinny Arsenal, US Army lethality base... the restrictions that have been put in place are crazy. I personally only know of one death related to COVID-19 and it was a friends uncle who was a diabetic in his late 60's. I would definitely agree with you guys that the number of applications from the East Coast is down. I thought about applying for zone 4 just for that reason. Instead decided to apply for Non-Res Zone 3 hoping it is a slam dunk with 2 points. :)

I'm not so convinced applicants will be down here in Iowa this year. Kansas most years has non-resident tags left over in a few units after the draw. 2020......SOLD OUT. I do find that to be very interesting considering I too believed that out of state hunters would be far less this year for all the obvious reasons. Not to mention Kansas is 2nd in line only behind Iowa in overall cost of a non-resident whitetail tag. With the out of stater DIY hunt explosion across the midwest over the past 10 years, there seemingly is no slow down in sight of guys wanting to leave the lesser deer quality states each fall and head to a few select massively publicized states.

Kansas hasn’t had any non-resident tags left over for three years. Unfortunately we are selling 21-22k non resident tags per year. Last year 5,000 additional applicants didn’t draw. I am not sure of the numbers that applied this year in Kansas to receive the the 21k tags sold but I would bet a lot more than 6k applied in Iowa, which, correct me if I’m wrong is the amount of non resident tags offered.

It just goes to show there are a lot of people with TWS “trophy whitetail syndrome” than have to get their fix every year!

Kansas hasn’t had any non-resident tags left over for three years. Unfortunately we are selling 21-22k non resident tags per year. Last year 5,000 additional applicants didn’t draw. I am not sure of the numbers that applied this year in Kansas to receive the the 21k tags sold but I would bet a lot more than 6k applied in Iowa, which, correct me if I’m wrong is the amount of non resident tags offered.

It just goes to show there are a lot of people with TWS “trophy whitetail syndrome” than have to get their fix every year!

Yes that is correct in regards to the last three years. My choice of words "most years" was used loosely. I have traveled to Kansas bow hunting plenty long enough to remember very well when there was often left over non-resident tags in some units. Heck I remember when Kansas was an actual REAL draw state. A lot has changed.

I do not recall or know how many non-resident tags were available for purchase here this year, but your 6k number is close and i do agree that it is very likely more than that will have applied to help with TWS syndrome lol

Results are in. So much for a slow season. All sold out with the exception of 4 total licenses in zone 8 and 9.

Top Bottom