Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV or pull behind spreader

Iowa_Buckeye

Anyone know of an ATV or pull behind spreader in which the throat can be adjusted (reliably) for small seeds such as turnips, rape, clover, etc? Hand spreaders can take forever on bigger fields.

seeder

I have a spin tech atv seeder that I really like...my suggestion would be to blend seeds with a carrier(such as fertilizer, pell-lime, or even floor dry) to spread more volume. This increases accuracy of rates, which is key, to seed brassicas at controlled & consistent rate for good root production.

I've got one that I got off eBay last year but I can't remember the brand, think it was shipped from Northern Tool, it connects to the reciver hitch on my Ranger and works real well

Lely spreaders are the gold standard but not cheap. They are 100% made in Pella, Iowa. They range from 500 pounds to 2500 pounds and are both pull type and 3-point.

You can call the Pella office and they will help out. I own a freight damaged machine and it's a heck of food plot unit.

I work for Lely so if anyone is looking for details just PM me.

Alright... I have exact same question.

Looking for a UTV or ATV spreader that can be dialed in accurately enough for brassicas, clover, etc. Until I find a drill this is the route I think I'm going to go.

Anyone have anything they have found works well?

Alright... I have exact same question.

Looking for a UTV or ATV spreader that can be dialed in accurately enough for brassicas, clover, etc. Until I find a drill this is the route I think I'm going to go.

Anyone have anything they have found works well?

I have an ATV spreader, a couple/few hand spreaders and also a tractor/3 point spreader. To this point, I have always ended up back using the hand spreaders so as to control seed rate effectively. I now have a drill this year, so I hope to "break the chain" and successfully use the drill this year...we'll see how it goes. But spreaders...for me, it was too easy to overdo it on seed.

I have an ATV spreader, a couple/few hand spreaders and also a tractor/3 point spreader. To this point, I have always ended up back using the hand spreaders so as to control seed rate effectively. I now have a drill this year, so I hope to "break the chain" and successfully use the drill this year...we'll see how it goes. But spreaders...for me, it was too easy to overdo it on seed.
Yeah have always hand seeded brassicas and clover by hand as well. However, I have a ton to plant in the next month and will be crunched for time based on possession date on a new piece. So just trying to speed up the process. There has to be a broadcaster that is accurate.... somewhere.

Top Bottom