Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Acorns

What were there are now hundreds of miles away after Derecho came through, maybe some made to PA where we live :)

I’ll look right now ;). Real time response!! Sitting by timber doing projects....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a571e3161dfea427336d48046d2ddf64.jpg

Burr oak.... nada right here. Nothing. Shingle oaks should be full of acorns like normal. I’ll check some whites & reds. Different areas could easily have different results.

Yep- shingle oaks loaded. Like almost always.
6827b34a3eae90afd7ae8d9ee163bf12.jpg

Here’s a massive swath of whites I’ll go take a quick peak.
a920644cbeac746557789758c54368d3.jpg

Last edited:
Reds and blacks- great! Reds so big the last wind storm blew some down. Whites - looks like nothing.
3e3b0f35d0024b802a73c52677decf60.jpg

9c60323da48e05841cdbaea3bf3cc0e0.jpg

Saw nothing in pretty large swath of whites.
5cb06abb67ac10bc2d96e749cdca9fcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pa have are loaded where I'm at in south western PA

Haven't really looked much yet. I know there's no sign of acorns on a few white oaks I looked at and I have a bunch of saw tooth that look pretty sparse this year. Seems unusual, the saw tooth have always produced a good crop, the deer really like them. On another note, apples are terrible this year, I guess the late frost and several weeks of drought did them in. I guess I'll focus on staging areas between bedding areas and farm crops until the end of October, bucks will be cruising!

Haven't really looked much yet. I know there's no sign of acorns on a few white oaks I looked at and I have a bunch of saw tooth that look pretty sparse this year. Seems unusual, the saw tooth have always produced a good crop, the deer really like them. On another note, apples are terrible this year, I guess the late frost and several weeks of drought did them in. I guess I'll focus on staging areas between bedding areas and farm crops until the end of October, bucks will be cruising!
Thanks Man for the feed back. I can't wait to get back out there.

Top Bottom