Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

90 seconds of a bad idea....

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve kept these sexy male model legs out of sunlight for years!!! Wear shorts & rubber croc/flops to go grab 1 camera card & snap pic of some acorns. Covered in baby ticks. Infested. Swarms. These are my gorgeous feet too - covered. The ONE time I let these bad boys get some fresh air. What in the world!?!??
0b1f3ea6c0c2f166c78f7174404dfd26.jpg

beff3fdef839b6cc698236436f5ded92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geeze, I've never seen anything like that before. Keep that in your side of the state please.
Last time I’ve seen this was when I was in 20’s - before using permethrin- in northeast Kansas hanging stands in August. Scraped em off in my motel room with a Credit card. These things freaked me out. Ran home and scrubbed every lil devil off, through all clothes in wash & wont drive that farm beater for a week.

Brings back nightmares. Had a wheel bearing go out on the way to Canada. Changed it on the side of the interstate. Jumped in the truck and were on our way. Then my skin and clothes started crawling. Picked them off for the next 6 hours until we got to a place to shower.

That sucks. I feel your pain. I had the same thing one time so bad when I took my socks off looked like I had goose band tattoos around my ankles. after scrubbing with sos pad spent hours picking them off with tweezers. Got them pretty bad last year too.

Damn that sucks, I am also quite the tick magnet.

I can remember 7-8 years ago in KS turkey hunting as the daylight broke I thought I had gotten into some psychedelic shroom or something as I looked down at my gloves and they looked like they were moving. They were those then mesh spring gloves and when I took them off I had 1000s of baby ticks on my hands that made it look like the gloves were moving, it was freaky and nasty.

I've had that happen with pants on. I got the chills looking at that picture. I found one of those little bastards attached to the boys this summer.

Geeze, I've never seen anything like that before. Keep that in your side of the state please.

I saw an old, old guy once that had his legs covered like that...he reached into this pocket and pulled out a fairly good folding pocket knife and proceeded to scrape his legs with the blade so as to wipe all of the ticks off. Southern Iowa special. :)

I’ve kept these sexy male model legs out of sunlight for years!!! Wear shorts & rubber croc/flops to go grab 1 camera card & snap pic of some acorns. Covered in baby ticks. Infested. Swarms. These are my gorgeous feet too - covered. The ONE time I let these bad boys get some fresh air.

That's funny Skip but you're not alone :eek: I walked through a low brushy area one spring shed hunting and hit the motherload of baby ticks (without shorts!), thankfully I always check my pant legs frequently and seen them marching up. Makes for a quick trip to the truck to strip down and bag the pants. Just glad I was on a not so traveled back road or surely someone would have crashed seeing that site!

Nasty, hate them boogers. This spring I was always finding one or 2 attached, I had enough. I soaked my farm pants, shirts, socks and underwear in permethrin and haven't had a single one since.
I contracted anaplasmosis about 6 years ago, i figured if I didn't do something, I'm going to get another disease from them..

I had four or five of them on my legs after a Saturday trail camera hanging session and I thought I had it bad.........

Better ticks than chiggars. I get them every year it seems although less now since using permethrin. Chiggars are by far the worst and yes that includes poison ivy which I get often as well.

Are those young wood ticks or full grown deer ticks? I know of people and dogs that have got Lyme disease in my area but as far as I know I have never seen a deer tick on me.

Damn that sucks, I am also quite the tick magnet.

I can remember 7-8 years ago in KS turkey hunting as the daylight broke I thought I had gotten into some psychedelic shroom or something as I looked down at my gloves and they looked like they were moving. They were those then mesh spring gloves and when I took them off I had 1000s of baby ticks on my hands that made it look like the gloves were moving, it was freaky and nasty.

I remember that day in the turkey blind when I almost made you GTFO cuz of all the ticks on you.

U sure those aren’t chiggers? I’ve been covered like that a couple times in kansas. not fun at all. a wash cloth won’t get them off. I had to scrape them and use a pretty abrasive scrub brush.

The P spray for great for ticks. Not so much chiggers. Still get some bites if go into brush. Best cure for chigger bites is scrub down with baking soda on bites. then soap and hot shower. At the end spray bites with itch spray like Benedryl. Do that often. Or shower procedure. The itch and bites will clear up faster. Only thing that helps!

Top Bottom