Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Derecho effect?

So dumping a bucket of corn is the same as a food plot? Guess I’m doing my “baiting” wrong then. A bucket of corn here and there would be a hell of a lot less work and cost a lot less money after figuring in spraying, buying the seed and fert, and all the time I spend doing it. Maybe I’m food plotting wrong?

Maybe you are? Bottom line,,,however ya do it. It is artificially placing a food source out to attract game so you can hunt it. Food that is not naturally growing. Also food plots are a bit unfair. What do hunters do who do not own equipment or have the money to hire the work done. Reminds me again of Mich. Putting out food got to be a competition. Guys with the largest piles, the most cash spent, in the Nat forest drew the most deer. Finally the practice banned. To each their own opinion.

No sorry you are wrong. I left N-Mich and have friends that still hunt the NE counties. They read me me the regs. The apple thing is True...

The entire Midwest is full of food that would not be naturally growing if we did not plant it, using your argument everyone in the Midwest is hunting unfairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we limit the term "baiting" to food?

Bait is something you offer to attract what you want. Makes no different if it's real or not. Could be money, could be a lure, could be a worm.

When Joe Biden says free college, free health care, and more free money for all, he is baiting? Yup! He's simply trying to attract votes.(and lying! :))

When you hunt over a decoy, is it baiting? Yup!

When you hit the grunt....

When you spray the estrous...

When you make a mock scrape...

Everything we do to attract deer while hunting is baiting...in my opinion...and only our elected officials get to decide which tactics they wish to be legal.

My 21 cents...

Last edited:
Maybe can’t tell ton here by these pics... but was looking over a project today walking down creek. Red oaks by creek had acorns everywhere. The tracks were frigin packed on these acorns. Deer bedded by the trees. They ain’t traveling far right now. Acorn mania.
597264ce9ef31ff15589187beecc81b1.jpg

83e6bab23ed48c3b40da25583dbaef59.jpg

f4682ecf1dea8a12dd79c282b9106537.jpg

was driving into town this afternoon and its crazy how many trees are turning yellow already. They certainly not liking this heat and no moisture.

interesting. For the last week i had almost no deer on camera. And starting this morning i started seeing them agian. I was wondering if it was the heat or something else. This could be it. And my camera is in the corner of a been field

Reactions: arm
Top Bottom