Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grandpa's 22

Rjack

Sure doesn't fit in the "trophy" category for most, but it was fun for me. Had Friday off so headed out to some public ground and had a little luck on a morning squirrel hunt. Using my Grandfather's gun he passed on to me made it even better. He was born in 1916 and died in 2003. He didn't hunt, but had the 22 on the farm. He knew what hunting meant to me so passed on the Marlin semi-auto to me when be retired from farming in 1975. It has taken a pile of squirrels over the years. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a squirrel hunt with a 22, a few shells, and a pocket knife.

RIP grandpa.

58159f2456feb624174695be6afec9b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's awesome! It's funny how a simple object can bring back so many memories with special people.

My grandpa just passed away last month and I was given his old Mossberg 500. He shot lots of pheasants and deer with that old gun before he wasn't able to hunt anymore but it will be in the field once again this fall/winter. Even as a diehard bowhunter, I might be looking forward to pheasant and shotgun season more than bow season this year.

I'm sure your grandpa is happy to see it being put to good use!

Great times & good way to honor your Grandpa. That's exactly how I got started hunting as well... .22 hunting family's land (who didn't hunt & later sold the land). Lots of fun- good work on the back to basics enjoyment!

I know the connection.

I have Dad’s 12 gauge but it doesn’t fit me and I can’t hit crap with it. Still gonna keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom