Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Days To Hunt The Rut

We watch the moon calendars and really hunt hard when it says too... there seems to be some very strong correlation to those calendars and deer movement. This year it is calling for November 9-11 to be smokin! And then it will heat up again Nov 23-25. Not to say that other days in November won't be good but those days we'll for sure hunt.

Yep! We all know!!!!!!!!! Ya gotta lotta internet experts! Let's let'um talk! Or are you wanting to know from people that just hunt, when they can!? That hunt somebody elses land! That can't afford to suck in the deer?? It lays a little different! Depends on how much money you have to spend!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like everything else in MeXamerica! Ya got the money!! Well Hell!! Ya got the money!! :mad::mad:

Whoa......who pissed in your Wheaties? :rolleyes:

i like to be in the stand from last few days of october till 3rd week of nov. My all time favorite is from the 6th of Nov. to the 11th, Our moderm firearm season is the 2nd saturday in November so it's like WW2 around here then and deer are ran stupid during the 2 weeks of rifle season. opening morning last year i counted 70 soemthing shots. I wish they would do it here like iowa and some other states and make it shotgun/muzzleloader only and do a 1st and 2nd season and not have them in during the rut. We would see alot more deer during the rut if it was done that way.

As an Illinois bowhunter, the gun season is always the week before Thanksgiving. I have hunted Thanksgiving weekend hard many times, and have never had experiences like those who live in Iowa or Kansas, who don't have the timber terrorized by the Orange army until December. I would love to have those extra two weeks to hunt, because there seems to be some real truth to killing giants late in November! Here it's the last week of Oct. through about Nov. 12.

What do you "boys" think will be the best rut dates this year in 2020?
Willie Suchy (RIP), former Iowa Wildlife Biologist with the DNR, said that year in and year out, the peak of does being bred centers on November 13. I've been lucky mid-Oct, early and late November, so never give up. ;) Give me a cold front rolling in, precipitation coming late in the evening, I'm in a tree that afternoon.

wow!, old thread.
Is say most of us will pick the time frame from Halloween till nov 15ish (because) its just common knowledge so we focus more on that time.
I've killed good bucks in sept,oct,nov,dec but year in, year out nov 3_12 are my go times.

Past several years I have always taken the first week of November off to hunt. I've noticed the first few days of the month seem to be a little slow where I hunt and it picks up by the 5th, 6th etc. So this year I am changing it up and taking the second week of November off.

I hate to say it but I've always had good luck following the best days of the rut from Field and Stream. I always have a week of vacation to burn during the rut, but this year work is forcing a week long furlough..... So the 2nd week of November is looking promising based on the moon phase. Regardless I've killed bucks from October 28th until January 10th. Can't kill them sitting at home so just be willing to put in the hours in the stand when you're able to.

Took off Oct 30th through Nov 16 this year. I personally like the 6-13. Seems slow for a few days after that and then gets good again about the 17th. Usually in IL for gun season around the 20th and it is in again by then

I think Sligh hit it with Nov 5 to 19 or so. But, to narrow it I’d say nov 5 to nov 12. Money. My humble 02 after several hunts in the great state of the Hawkeye. With the 7th to the 10th absolutely crazy.

Top Bottom