Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowhunt's Late Muzzleloader Buck

What are ya busy shooing does where's the story?
grin.gif

Nice buck Matt!

This particular buck was one that I had seen in the velvet twice during the summer. He was not the largest one I had seen, but definately a nice deer. I had not seen this deer since the last Friday before first shotgun season. After talking to people around where I hunt I knew that this buck may still be around. I hunted shotgun season filling doe tags,in hopes of a couple of nice bucks making it to the late muzzlelaoder so I could have a chance at one. I hunted the 5 or 6 day and seeing tons of does, but wanting to harvest a buck before taking does. I was ready to go home from hunting for a day, when liv 4 rut asked if he could come over and hunt. I said sure why not. So I went to an area that I knew always holds some nice bucks late in the season. I had deer bedded around my stand when I got there, and at about 4:45 I heard bucks fighting behind me. I looked around and saw this buck up on his hind legs making a scrape. He was about 100 yards from me and he had 4 does in front of him he was with. He came through a very thick area and I knew there was one spot I could get a shot. When he came into the opening i tried to stop him, and he just kept walking. Knowing he would not stop I put the crosshairs on him and hoped he would fall. He was at about 80 yards when I shot. He fell in his tracks when I shot, I was pumped!! He is the largest deer I have ever taken with a muzzleloader and I can say that this was just an awesome hunt. I love to hunt with the muzzleloader and this was a great way to end a season. Now I am looking to fill some doe tags.

Top Bottom