Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

" The Wall " ......... Iowans ????

stuffy

Okay folks, I need your help. Two years ago my daughter took a class trip to D.C
I corresponded with a person from the "bowsite" and my daughter found his brothers name on the wall, traced it, and brought it home. He later sent a letter and a short bio, which was great.

In two weeks, my son goes on the same trip. Now, here is where you folks come in. I would like him to find an Iowan, whos name appears on the wall. My son would trace it, bring it home and hopefully get a photo to the name. If I receive more than one name, I'll give them to his classmates.
I realize this is far from hunting, but I want to make sure this generation of kids do not forget the sacrifices that happened in Vietnam.
I know it helped with my daughter when she read the bio, and realized the young marine, was just like any other high school graduate.

I recommend everyone take a look at the link blake posted. Check out the details on one or more Iowan. I think it will help us appreciate the price paid by so many so that we can live free.

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Thanks to all who responded, from the threads to the PM's. Blake, thanks for posting the website. I didnt even know that excisted. Please everyone, take some time to check that site out.
My son leaves for D.C. this Sunday, with a few names to trace from "the Wall".

For many of you due to your age I am sure the Vietnam War is something you read about in a history book.

But with the anniversary tomorrow of the U.S. invasion of Iraq this link is a sobering reminder of recent sacrifices of Iowans:

web page

Both are excellent websites! It really makes you appreciate the sacrifices that people make for us. Good post guys, thanks!

Top Bottom