Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trophy New York Bucks...

WNY_Bowhunter

I'm kinda bored today, so I decided to post a few pics of some big NY bucks. Yeah, we have deer in NY...every once in a while some nice ones show up too
cool.gif
. We usually take a lot of 150-160" deer throughout the state every season...and usually manage around 2 to 4 B&C deer. These bucks may not be monsters by midwestern standards, but are exceptional deer for NY, where 90% of the bucks shot every season are yearlings
mad.gif
. I sure wish more of our bucks could make to 4-6 yrs. old. Anyways, I though you guys might enjoy seeing pics. of a few bucks from the northeast.

1.) 2002 Season, Steuben County NY, 22-pt., 190" gross, 180 1/8" net N/T. This is the biggest buck that I've ever seen on the hoof and he was harvested by a buddy of mine a couple of miles from the house. I first saw him at 3 yrs. old in 2001...basic 10-pt. with several kickers, probably 135-140". He grew close to 50" in one year! I have over an hour of velvet footage of him during summer 2002. Too bad he couldn't have made it to 6.5...I have no doubt that he would have scored 200+." This is a terrible photo as it does the deer no justice at all...the rack / skull plate weighed 8.5 lbs., kinda narrow with only a 17" inside spread but had 44+" mass.

202101.jpg

2.) 2002 Season, Steuben County NY, 167 4/8" typ. This buck was shot on land that my family hunts about a mile from my house. My group was driving out some thick pines during opening week of shotgun season and this ole boy came busting out and the guy how owns the adjacent propery killed him.

Wilson%20NY%202002.jpg

3.) 2002 Season, Genesee County NY, 157 2/8" typ., 8-pt.

Quinn%20NY%202002%20WEB.jpg

4.) 2004 Season, Erie County NY, 182 4/8" N/T

Osinski%20NY%202004%20web.jpg

5.) 2002 Archery Season, Tompkins County NY, 180 4/8" N/T

McMullen_2002C.jpg

6.) 2002 Archery Season, Suffolk County NY, 179 4/8" N/T

Butta_NY_2002.jpg

7.) 2004 Season, 174" typ.

Jayne%20NY%202004%20web.jpg

8.) 2003 Muzzleloader Season, Cortland County, NY, 185 2/8" N/T

BURNETTE%20NY%202003.JPG

9.) 2003 Season, Erie County NY, 168 2/8" typ.

Wetzler%20NY%202003%20web.jpg

10.) 2003 Archery Season, Erie County NY, 167 4/8" typ.

Joyce%20NY%202003%20web.jpg

11.) 2002 Muzzleloader Season, Livingston County NY, 174" typ.
Radford%20NY%202002%20web.jpg

If anyone's interested in seeing some more pics of big northeastern bucks check out the Northeast Big Buck Club website...www.bigbuckclub.com. They have pics of some real bruisers on here taken in the the past few seasons.

Those are some really nice bucks.....NY, PA, and WV should all be able to produce the bucks that the midwest does.....it just seems the majority of hunters there make no effort to let them get older....thanks for sharing

Those certainly are some very impressive deer.

No wonder those hunters in the photos have those big smiles on their faces.
smile.gif

Midwest or New York, those are some big bucks. Thanks for sharing. Wow, some of those spreads are really impressive.

You've got great potential for some awesum deer. They just need somewhere to hide for another year or two. Thanks for sharing.

Potential!Those are some HOG"S!!!Thank you for posting them up,those are the type of buck's that get the blood flowing.
shocked.gif

OOPS, sorry... I wasn't patient enough to let all the pictures load, I only waited for the first two.
doah.gif

Nice deer! The thing is we don't have a ton because the big ones get shot then there is nothing to pass the genes on,lol.

Nice bucks!
waytogo.gif
You're right Shredder,We have the genetics here,but the antler restictions just seem to let them get to the ripe age of 2.5 for the most part.
confused.gif

WNY bowhunter, Do you know of the blodgett boys that live around you?? I know that they kill some dandies!! Those are some great looking deer!

Bowhunt,

Yeah...I've heard of the Blodgetts. They live about 30 min. from me in the same county. I'm not sure where those guys hunt, but they do seem to kill some nice ones.

They hunt the steuben county quite alot and up around Rochester. They do take alot of nice bucks, but they live and breathe deer and turkeys!

Bowhunt,

The Rochester area is one of the hotspots in the state and one of the best areas on the entire east coast for producing P&Y bucks. Monroe County (the county that Rochester is in) has put 100+ bucks into the record books. Its in the top 25 or 50 (I can't remember) P&Y counties in the country. Those suburban bucks get big with the lack of hunting pressure.

Top Bottom