Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

¿Question?

AIRASSAULT

PMA Member
I was just curious if anyone knows if it is O.K. to hunt along Interstate Rights of Way, such as pheasant hunting or whatever. Would it be considered the same as walking in a ditch along a gravel road, as long as you don't shoot over the road or an adjacent landowners fence? It's still public state-property, right?

thats a very sketchy question. youll probably never get the correct answer to that no matter what law enforcement official you talk to

Safety is a serious issue here. Obviously the shoulders of the interstate are for emergency stopping only so you would have to find another access. Seems like the danger factor for you and anyone on the highway would be enough of an issue to make me look somewhere else.

It is not legal to hunt the interstate right of way (fence to fence), you will find it in the regs. In fact any non-emergency activity (collecting trash, pop cans, berries, whatever) in the interstate ROW requires a DOT permit per the DOT official I spoke to recently.
Intentionally flushing game close to high volume, high speed traffic = bad idea.

It is not legal to hunt the interstate right of way (fence to fence), you will find it in the regs. In fact any non-emergency activity (collecting trash, pop cans, berries, whatever) in the interstate ROW requires a DOT permit per the DOT official I spoke to recently.
Intentionally flushing game close to high volume, high speed traffic = bad idea.

Thanks... I didn't really ever plan on hunting there, but, it just popped in my head that the interstate ditches are pretty much solid CRP and would be a good place to find some game.. In what particular section of the regs states this anyways? I couldn't find it.

Top Bottom