Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

“For Better or for Worse” - how trail cameras have changed hunting in last decade

Trail cams have a lot of small positives. Example: We had a cow on our farm in Union County.

Got pics ... sent to neighbor and yep it was his.

Without the cam pics, we don’t make that connection.

Honestly they are a awesome tool I don't see negatives , I agree with all you guys have added.
  • They really helped me to learn mature deer, body shape , characteristics , size
  • Manage my heard , you can get a feel for Buck to doe Ratio
  • It's does a lot of scouting if your just not trying to get hit listers , place them in area I am thinking of putting a stand in Timber
  • If you not good on judging deer in the tree which takes time to learn. :) If I have seen picture I know what I am getting into this really helped me specially on Bang Bang opportunities I don't have to guess I see him I know he's a shooter
  • Learning , so many things are shared with PICS we would never see
  • Man do they make it fun when you see a pic of a good one , specially if your struggling gets you fired back up and pushes you..
  • Lets us see what made it through for next year

Last edited:
As a nonresident cameras are a BIG part of getting a feel for the farm... it’s a part of the puzzle in getting the feel for the farm.

Not just deer pics, lots of added benefits.

I tossed around the idea of cell cams because of the quick intel without the intrusion. Would definitely be an enormous asset. Service is so spotty where I hunt that they wouldn't work in half the spots though. Plus I've found it hard to justify one camera instead of 2 or 3 cheaper models. It'll be interesting to see how the DNR handles this. This is just the tip of the iceberg, advanced technology is only going to creep more and more into our gear every year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom