Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

“RIB CAGE” - 7-8 year old....

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Known this buck for many years. I called him rib cage just because his tines from side looked like a “rib cage”. He’s likely 8 this year and last pic does have his “rib cage” literally showing too (not too uncommon in summer after hard winter & an old buck) - hope he makes it. Actually, could be a little bigger this year.

My home farm got hit with poaching pretty bad & honestly doesn’t have anything “giant”. Mediocre at best vs so many other areas out there. No doubt I’ll be spending most my time on some smaller more tillable farms that actually have better bucks by long shot.

Well last year I gave my good friend “green light” on rib cage. 100 yards quartering away with a ML at 3pm..... blew his frigin rack off!! No joke!!! So much more to story it’s hilarious & actually have it all on video. He thought he smoked him & obviously didn’t happen. Well- rib cage of course made it & I hope my buddy can redeem this season. :)

My boy found full intact left side....
8e378d11b2efffa6073bd99cc25e5b96.jpg
Trail cam after getting rack blown off.....
9c4ec80547b5d57703786967c50fd002.jpg

Made a shelf for my buddy to display his blown off rack ;)
d3c9f6c1800eae715f67b42a99e08a37.jpg

2017:
648ea5fcd90011a9bd0a62f189fa5960.jpg

2018:
b2b9fb1dfde4a4c3d7906c3ac2ea47f1.jpg

1858ef185e0f3f75eb9cee6266e2bad4.jpg

08bbdad3f2bae6a69ce398cd48a88b07.jpg

Hard to say but he’s got longer brows & imo- he’ll be a lil bigger this year. Who knows. Maybe a year of redemption?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWTR was spending time in prison when this went down! ;). I think it was 1st or 2nd shotgun & I sure promise- this “un-named Buddy” wants to remain un-named!! :)

No doubt.......I knew it could not be Curtis.....he is way to methodical to miss.........had he pulled the trigger it would be dead..........back in March I just happen to be driving down a road near your place when out of nowhere a truck blocked me off. I am a 12 year Navy Seal so I am ready for the unexpected and nothing is going to raddled me. My guns are always 6 inches away.
Dude jumps out of the truck and pulls Big John out the passenger window. We are laughing our asses off because we know what Big John is going to do to this punk. Well 22 seconds later Big John looks like a branch that has been fed though a chipper. Curtis is standing there making a come at me motion with his hands. So I tell number 2 to get out there and handle it. Number 2 lasts about 12 seconds and is tied up like a calf. There is only 2 of us left so I hit the gas and get out of there. Do not mess with Curtis!!!

Top Bottom