Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1 deer hunter looking for a place to shotgun hunt

I guess I'm lying here? Another NR from Alabama in my neighborhood also has access to 4 or 5 farms. Grow a personality, be cordial, offer help, explain your situation and access can be gained. I also had farmers offer me to hunt. Was in a good year tire shop getting a tire fixed and the owner offered his place. The biggest misnomer in Iowa is that ground cannot be found to hunt.

I have a lease in Zone 3 that i would be open to talking to you about sub-leasing 1st shot-gun to you... shoot me a PM if you are interested. 500 acres all pretty well together that has big timber and crops.

OP,
If you don't get some private to gun hunt, this is what you get to look forward to on zone 5 public. Good strategy might be to follow this bunch around and sit on escape trails.

Can't believe this crap is still actually allowed. Some DNR's need to grow some stones and do the right thing. There are some "traditions" that just plain need to end, especially on public land. Incomprehensible the dolt ring leader takes pride in their "accomplishment" before heading back to Michigan. This is not deer management, its a video arcade game.

"When there's lead in the air, there's always hope."

Last edited:
OP,
If you don't get some private to hunt, this is what you get to look forward to on zone 5 public. Good strategy might be to follow this bunch around and sit on escape trails.

Can't believe this crap is still actually allowed. Some DNR's need to grow some stones and do the right thing. There are some "traditions" that just plain need to end, especially on public land. Incomprehensible the dolt ring leader takes pride in their "accomplishment" before heading back to Michigan. This is not deer management, its a video arcade game.

"When there's lead in the air, there's always hope."
That was entertaining - just whackin monster bucks

That was entertaining - just whackin monster bucks

I don't think any of their "harvest" was impressive. Did they even gun down one over 125"? Not sure I couldn't watch much, it made me want to hurl.

I'll have to go back and check the buck tree. "Who said bucks don't grow on trees?"

This is not deer management

This is the general public that doesn't know or care what they do to the deer herd. The same people that would love to have more weapons, longer seasons, whatever. It's a kill-fest to the majority that's doesn't know or care. This is why Deer hunting has been ruined in states like MI, PA, etc, etc. You couldn't pay me to hunt public or go back to Michigan on ANY farm. Let people do it (whatever it is, fill in the blank______) - there will be guys to do it. "sounds like fun", "great idea, more opportunity for everyone!" "Bring more hunters into the sport!". I'm telling you, you legalize baiting deer with giant corn pile and a 50 lbs jug of Tannerite in the center of the pile - guys across the state would be blowing deer up.

Yeah Skip that is shotgun season around here, and late mloader. Actually though it was worse 15-20 years ago when the locals ran in much larger groups and had the whole county to push. Now farms have been busted up into a lot of smaller pieces, with many being managed for deer hunting.

Sick video I watched 5 minutes and turned it off. This is the mindset of many of the one week a year deer hunters or better yet deer killers. This video just reinforces my decision on why I dumped satellite tv and ALL hunting shows. A person can only puke so many times a day

I don't think any of their "harvest" was impressive. Did they even gun down one over 125"? Not sure I couldn't watch much, it made me want to hurl.

I'll have to go back and check the buck tree. "Who said bucks don't grow on trees?"
It was meant to be sarcastic

It was meant to be sarcastic

Got it. As mentioned I didn't watch much of it. Sadly I have bowhunted at least one of those areas they scoured on Rathbun. I didn't see any they harvested that I would have even lifted my bow off it's hook for. Surfed up another video from this crew of another year 2005? and same results nothing I would nock an arrow for. I guess if we're looking for a positive it's that most big mature bucks are a lot smarter than these retards. Just let them walk past.

So many one liners from this video..............."Drinkin beers & killin deers!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom