Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-21-09 Bow Kill 10 Inch Drop Tine

pandy175

I shot this buck at 3:00 Sat. the 21st. He came in silent and worked to 25 yards. I had turned my HHA sight down to 20 on the way in. He stopped behind three trees. So I drew. He must have heard something b/c he stopped right there. All I could see was his vitals. I had to lean out a little to my left and shot low. Just cut hair! He jumped and ran off to a logging road that I had ranged to 40 yards. I turned my dial to 40 and grabbed another arrow from my detached quiver. He took two steps I grunted to stop him and 10 ringed him. I heard it hit but was not sure; he kicked his back legs and bounded 30 yards down a little ditch. I can see both sides of the ditch and did not see him come out. I heard a big crash but wasn't sure what it was. I stood up on the seat of my ladder stand scanning the ditch looking for any sign of the deer coming out of it. I finally could not stand it anymore and had to get down at 3:30 to look at the first arrow. Nothing no blood, just white hair, so I decide to sneak with my bow and a knocked arrow to the spot where he was standing. I looked for blood, after two steps towards the way he went, I find blood. I’m pumped. Four more steps and I can see over the ditch and there he laid 30 yards from the shot. The G5 carbon steel went through him like butter. Thanks to my New AlphaMax 35 and 3-D shooting at my good buddies and favorite (best) Hoyt rep. in the Midwest. He may not score the best, but he is the first drop tine I have seen in the wild and I could not pass him up. He is 18 inches wide.
DSCN4319.jpg
DSCN4320.jpg
DSCN4316.jpg

Last edited:
That's a heck of a big drop compared to the total antler size. Great job...I would have taken him too.

The drop would have sealed it for me!! Sometimes ya just gotta let the crowd go and do what makes you happy!!!!:D Dandy buck!! Congrats:way::way:

Wow Brad. Just realized that this was YOU. Nice deer. I've yet to see a drop tine in the woods.
Very Cool.

Jason

Top Bottom