Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-87 rifled barrel

nannyslayer

Since my dad and I have made it a running tradition for him to come to Iowa shotgun season and hunt with me, I just as well get me a shotgun set up to hunt with.

Which barrel is the best for the 11-87, Remington or Hastings? Anyone have a shurshot stock on the gun as well? Looks like it would be great for turkey hunting as well (stock, not the barrel.)

I like the hastings best. I dont like how the cantilever bolts to barrel on the remington. My dads with a hastings is a tack driver.

nanny, when I used to shotgun hunt I had a Hasting barrel on my 11-87. Shot very well, I was pleased with it! :)

have shot both. Have set up 7 guns with Hastings. Hastings more accurate at longer ranges. The 20 gauges have been the most accurate for us.

Well, thought I had a hastings bought but the deal fell through. Anyone had a lead on one with a scope mount on it?

I have the 11-87 with sure shot stock and factory barrel. Feed it hornady sst and never had a problem.

How well of groups does it hold out to 200 yards? What barrel length do you have?

To be honest with ya I've never put to many shots through it at 200. Always think about the 4 dollars every time I pull the trigger. I do know if I use the bottom line on my scope at 200 it will hit inside the first 4 rings of a twelve inch target. I can shoot 4 inch groups at 150 with the lead sled. If you are looking for 200 yard performance you might be better off looking at a savage 220 unless your sold on a semi auto. I would base my decision on what kind of hunting I do the most. If I do a lot of drives I wouldn't hesitate to buy the semi auto but if I'm going to be sitting a lot I would go with the savage. Also my buddy has the exact same gun as I do and his shoots better with Remington accutips. Not sure on my barrel length I will take a look when I get home.

Mornings and evenings we do sits, through the day we do small pushes (just 2 of us, so we.don't.get after it too hard). Wanted to set up the automatic so it would be a multi use gun. My dad borrowed a buddies 11-87 last year and shot 2 deer over 200 yards. That thing was scary accurate out to 250. It was a 11-87 with the Hastings barrel, and he shot the hornety rifled slugs.

Going to try a few boxes of slugs with a rifled screw in choke to see how it shoots this weekend.

Tagged this one at 213 paces (farthest kill) trying to circle around our group. I don't have any experience with the Hastings barrel I guess I've just never had any reason to switch. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Good luck with whichever you decide.

null_zps5f1689ff.png

Top Bottom