Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

$150 box blind

Scott

I can't bring myself to buy a $3k blind so I made my own. I always like seeing how people build them so here is a few pics of mine. Built it this summer, was meaning to put pics up but forgot. Got $150 in it, used all scrap I gathered to build it. Had to buy paint and insulation. Should stay warm, has 2" of foam and i blew spray foam in any cracks. Put carpet on floor to keep noise down. This blind is for gun only, next one I do will have vertical windows for bow. Didn't need to elevate this one but set it up a foot off ground with railroad ties just to keep it off ground.

Last edited:
IMG_20150728_210253_317.jpg

Built a frame for them and then used liquid nail to glue plexi glass in them. These swing up, next one I would let them swing down, less movement in blind I think. I put a black curtain on each to black out windows I am not using

Prolly only got 15 hours in it. Pretty easy if you build it to use regular 3' steel panels. Then you just cut out windows with cutting wheel on grinder. Next one will go alot quicker.

Should be able to whack a 120 out of that thing I would think. :) 15 hours at your going rate would be a $3k blind............ ;)

I think I'll build a couple like this, look sweet! Probably cost a little more than a $150 For the "scrap" for me.

Top Bottom