Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

19pt taken in Cedar county

ahahhaah, I luv a convicting message....makes a guys tough heart melt
grin.gif

First of all I would like to congratulate this young man and his Father.

[ QUOTE ]
at my age i have many years of hunting left in front of me and i don't want this to be taken from me, the more youth out there hunting the better invested for our future that we are. if kids aren't given the opportunity at a good experience they may never get in to hunting, as the number of hunters decline it will be harder to uphold our rights, so for those of you b!tching about this grow up, the kids shooting these deer you are so concerned about probably could figure this out better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Wegner36, you are wise beyond your years. I simply cant believe some of the negative comments I just read.

Pathetic.

Obviously there is alot more that goes into these hunts then G6 considers (I take it you are not a parent?). I mean noting by that, I just know folks here who don't have kids and they tend to look at things differently from most parents. Nothing wrong with it.

I have 2 little girls 10 and 12 and they have been hunting with me since the ages of around 5 (about the same age I started trailing behind my Dad pheasant hunting). They have never carried a gun until this past season, but they tagged along as often as they wanted to and each trip, judging by the questions they asked, I think they learned something. Scrapes, rubs, why deer stay in this area and avoid that area, tracks, trails what equipment I carry and why - not only that, but all the other wonderful things the outdoors has to offer. At first it was about spending time with me, but I really believe they are both coming into thier own appreciation of the outdoors. They may decide they never want to harvest a deer and thats fine with me, if they want to thats great too. My 12 year old passed on a chip shot at 128" 8 point last year and I still don't know exactly why - probably never will, but we will continue to go as much as she wants.

She has put her time in on the range last year and has been putting her time in for the last 6 or 7 years. I would think it's safe to assume most kids do.

Ya know it's kind of like driving - what he heck do you want us to do, stick our kids in a car for the first time when they turn 16 and let them have at it??? Probably would'nt make for very safe roads - wonder how safe the woods would be if we just gave our kids guns and told them to have at it.

I know thats not a fair comparison - but I think it makes a good point.

As far as a trigger man goes - I have not met many adults who were not trigger men at one time or another. The first 2 turkeys I ever killed were calle din by a friend, I basically sat there and shot the turkey - I have repayed that kindess many, many times over the years and never thought anything about it, matter of factly I enjoy calling in birds for others. I have put friends and relatives on deer that all they had to do was pull the trigger - no different. When we duck hunt - 9 times out of 10 me and a buddy are doing all the calling. Are all our duck hunting buddies just trigger men? Call it want you want - I call it doing what we love with people we enjoy being with.

Finally - I have seen many say it already and as a parent I agree 110% - it's all about spending that precious time with our kids. As a parent - nuthin else really matters.

My conratulations go out to the young man and his father for making a memory that will likely not be forgotten.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that kid's father, but I sure do love my two little trigger kids.
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother Ghost.
waytogo.gif
applause.gif

if someone can honestly say something to that ghost, i believe they should be impeached from the computer!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about that kid's father, but I sure do love my two little trigger kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen brother Ghost.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO Ghost, AMEN.

Safari GREAT POST !!! I started my son with a B.B. gun at 5? then walking with a EMPTY 22. then a loaded 22, then a 410, NOW a 20 gauge AGE 10. Gosh grand pa could not beleive that tonight i let him move the car from the driveway when he was mowing the grass, which he started doing at the age of 6?. Congrats to the kid who shot the 19 point !!!!! Youth hunt is corrupt at times but that is ONLY if the adults choose to corrupt the child in the situation !!

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously there is alot more that goes into these hunts then G6 considers (I take it you are not a parent?)

[/ QUOTE ]Man WTF does everyone come up with this sh*t? I explained more than once I think, I have Kids and Grandkids both. More than one person hasn't obviously read all the posts before posting a reply to this thread in a negative manner. It's no wonder everyone is getting so fired up about nothing. I have taken my Kids hunting and may take my Grandkids hunting in the future just like the rest of you. I will however make sure that they work for any deer they take no matter how big or small, that's the way I am. Don't anyone bother posting again here against me, if you want send me a personal post and keep the crap out of here. I never singled out ONE person here but have been called names and fired at more than once here, take a chill pill already. I think maybe I struck a nerve with some people that have some ethics problems.

I was apart of a weekend long hunt with three young kids a few weeks ago. We stayed in the cabin and went out and we all got "our" deer. Two of the three on the last night.
You better believe that I did more work that the three kids combined. WHY?? because a lot of the things they are unable to do. Also some of the things I did were unenjoyable.

I would love to see my nine year old brother carry a double bull a muzzy, and enough snacks and water to get us through a 3 hour sit. I bet he would want to go again.... right.

You better beleive that If i could of "got" any of those kids a booner I wouild of.

i would honestly say that I think the youth season is the easiest time to shoot a booner. ISN'T it AWESOME that the kids get to be out during this magical time?? Every single one of these dads that have put in the time FOR there kid deserves it. Maybe they did get to Live through there kid a little. But how does that take away from the kid.

I guaranty that every kid that shot a giant had an enjoyable experience and will want to go out again so isn't the main goal accomplished??

OR maybe I have the wrong goals for a youth hunt. To enjoy the hunt and go again.

I honestly can't say that the dads are "living" through their kids on deer hunting. Yeah, it happens in sports, but deer hunting? Bow season is only 15 days away from the start of youth season, so if the parents wanted to "live through their child", I think they would "live it for themselves" and try to kill the buck bow season.

I say congrats to the kids, great deer they harvest no matter how big or small, still it will be a hunt they always remember. I guess when I have a kid I will confuse the hell out of them by saying, "no, you can't shoot that deer, its to big for your first."

I'm sorry you feel that way G6, and I am not picking on you or throwing shots your way. I just can't see the parents living through their kids, when their own season is just a few weeks away.

By the way, I will be a trigger man anytime Chris Ellis wants me to be.
grin.gif

How come when "ethical hunters" like you do something like he did it's always "different". G6

thinking rut....... sorry you had a bad hunt he is smiling. Its spose to be a death march.

[ QUOTE ]
I will however make sure that they work for any deer they take no matter how big or small, that's the way I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said the kid didn't work for his buck? You're assuming he was just the trigger man.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will however make sure that they work for any deer they take no matter how big or small, that's the way I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said the kid didn't work for his buck? You're assuming he was just the trigger man.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Rack why don't you just grow up?

Top Bottom