Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

19pt taken in Cedar county

I don't have any clue how many youth deer tags are purchased every year but the locker I work at seems to get a good number of deer. So say there is five thousand purchased a couple of those kids are probably going to get a crack off at a trophy buck. I think at that age it is the parents duty to help them as much as they can, show them the ropes, not just kick them out the door and say good luck bring home the dinner. Think about it the kids only 9, more power to him. Congrats to the boy and the father that just hooked him for life.

Man it almost sounds like jealousy to me. I can tell ya right now that I get no greater joy then when I get "the call" from Must_hunt's kids telling me that they smacked one. I hope everytime it happens it is a MONSTER and ya know what the last three would make some on here envious.
smirk.gif

I've got nothing but congrats for the kid!! Congrats on a great buck.

I think its great to see the youth getting a crack at the big'uns before the rest of us.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that kid's father, but I sure do love my two little trigger kids.
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother Ghost.
waytogo.gif
applause.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Jethro! It's a sad day when a kid can't even shoot a big buck without all of this!
frown.gif
Congrats to the kid and his dad! They will remember this for ever!

Congrats to the kid for the nice buck!!!!
waytogo.gif

Too late Rack you're already a grouchy ol' turd!!!
grin.gif

I'm not trying to single anyone out but since there has only been two people disagree with youth season it's kinda hard not too. G6 and KNelson I disagree with you but see your point. Fact is there are always those who take advantage of things and make it bad on the majority who do it right but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because you had to learn everything about hunting on your own doesn't mean that is they way it should be for everyone. I guess for me I don't see the difference in letting my son pull the trigger during youth season or regular season because I've done both and I did the majority of the work, it's called teaching and my kids were with me all the way just like the parents who participate on this site that I've talked with. As far as what walks by him, no one controls that except the deer, you can set up in what you think is the right place but there is still a large degree of luck that the deer will walk by that day. In Iowa I think everyone hunting probably has the opportunity to have a nice buck walk by any day or hunt. The great part about this post is that this kid took a nice deer, the sad part is that if it had been a small eight you probably wouldn't have posted.

Congrat's to the young man who killed the buck!

It is unfortunate that some people are void of the wisdom necessary to appreciate all the good things that come from involving a youth in our sport. Thankfully, there are good people with the ethics and foresight necessary to get kids involved in deer hunting at such a young age.

Congrats to the young hunter.

On a side note, wish Dad would have worn some legal orange....especially since the pic was in the paper.
Not trying to be picky....but I just shake my head when I see pics posted all over with people that aren't exactly following the orange rules.

Top Bottom