Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2009-10 running doe count

Congrats to BOWMAN and JAMES JOHNSTON. You have both won the poster child for the Iowa Division of Insurance "SLOB HUNTER" contest. You both are a perfect example of the type of hunters the DNR and Insurance love to have in the woods.Someone that will shoot every does in the woods.
Every hunter on this site that has experienced the lowest deer numbers in years has you to thank for that.

:D Funny......I was just getting on here to add two more does when I saw this. I'd happily send some of the deer from my area to another area (the small ones!:rolleyes:) as I can't keep up with what needs taken. A walk / stalk last weekend on the fringe of two edges of the property I hunt resulted in no less than 50 deer sightings and I didn't cover 20% fo the property. I'm pretty sure I have had zero impact on the low deer numbers in other areas. On a side note, I have a family that I give all but 2-3 of the deer I shoot each year. He has 6 children and a large extended family that very much need the meat. Then, when he has what he needs he delivers the cut / ground meat to needy families and elderly people that he knows need it. What I keep, my family eats and it never makes it much past mid summer.:way: Hopfully all of this puts me just above the "Slob hunter" status. ;)

Anyway, two more does makes 239!

244+1=245. What the heck, The private land where I hunt is in the managment area so has special tags available from the county. I couldnt resisit.

Top Bottom