Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 season review

dedgeez

death from above
Ok... It has been brought up about alot of guys not posting anymore, and I'm as guilty as the next.

So here's my 2013 season (brief summary).

Started out by picking up the match set of sheds to a buck that I watched last year and passed once during late muzz season (4year old)

picture.php

picture.php

We killed quite a few of these critters last winter
picture.php

picture.php

Had a great turkey season, and one really fun morning
picture.php

Planted lots of food plots in the summer and was able to find some of the bucks I wanted to kill. One in particular that I had been following the previous year.
picture.php

Fall rolled around and I was able to kill one of the bucks I was after on November 2nd. He was really sick and had a large tumor on his back ham. He had dropped about 15 inches from last year and probably wouldn't have made it through winter. Very skinny and sick :(
picture.php

Cell phone blurry pic :mad:
picture.php

Late muzz rolled around and I was able to find the drop tine buck frequenting one of my plots.
picture.php

picture.php

Caught up to him on opening night.
picture.php

I was able to take 2 friends from Michigan this fall that had been putting in for 4 years. They both had a good time and went home with respectable bucks.

Lukes 3 year old (140 class)
picture.php

Mikes 4 year old (mid 50's)
picture.php

Put my dad on his first ever archery buck. A long time coming ;)
picture.php

Got a kick out of this pic. If you look closely you can see my dad sitting in his ladder stand in the background, just the way his luck has been :D
picture.php

Overall it was a very good year, considering how hard the hunting was in this area. I have a blast doing this and it is truly what I eat sleep and breath. Hundreds of hours scouting, planting, and hunting, and I can't wait to do it all again.

God Bless

Last edited:
Wow great season for sure dedgeez!!!! You know how to put them down!!! Mass on your bow buck is sweet! That's awesome that you had such a good history with your late muzzy buck! That drop is cool!! Your father and buddies have shot some nice deer too!! Congrats to you your dad and your friends on a great season! Good post man, best of luck for your 2014 season!

Awesome year Scott!! Congrats again on all the harvest between you your friends and your Dad! Can't wait to see shed pictures and see which buck you will be chasing this fall. Congrats again!

Hell of a season when most, like me, struggled. You must be doing alot of things right. Congratulations.

That's pretty amazing, Scott!!! Sure did enjoy chatting with you that day in St. Lucas ... a guy never knows when he'll run into a fellow IW member. Congrats to you, your dad and your friends on one heck of a season!

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom