Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2015.........A New Beginning

Outstanding! Congrats. Where you stopping at?

Thanks! I'm not sure where I'll end up. I'd like to lose another 30 to 50 lbs. I'm going to keep to this same diet until my 60th birthday in August and see where I am then. The weight is coming off much slower now so I don't think I can lose 50 by the middle of August but we'll see. :)

You have become your very own mini me.

I think if I looked in the dictionary under hard work, discipline or determination I'd find your "after" picture. Actually it would be your "still going" picture.

Thanks! I'm not sure where I'll end up. I'd like to lose another 30 to 50 lbs. I'm going to keep to this same diet until my 60th birthday in August and see where I am then. The weight is coming off much slower now so I don't think I can lose 50 by the middle of August but we'll see. :)

Don't go into the negative on us! ^ :D :D

Are you able to share more details on your diet? I might know someone that could use it. (Me.)

Don't go into the negative on us! ^ :D :D

Are you able to share more details on your diet? I might know someone that could use it. (Me.)

From page 2 of this post.......

For those interested here's what I don't eat with this diet...........................
1.....No grains. So no bread, pasta, pizza, donuts, etc.
2.....No sugar. Anything with sugar is out although I do make it a point to eat something with natural sugars in it once or twice a week, such as an apple or banana.
3.....No dairy.
4.....No starchy foods like potatoes or rice. I will have sweet potato once in awhile.

I eat sensible portions of meats and do eat a lot of chicken and deer meat.
I also eat lots of veggies, and will fill up on those instead of meats. Luckily, I like most veggies so that helps a lot.
I limit my calorie intake to around 600 per day. Not all that hard with the low cal veggies.

What I do eat a lot of is Brussles sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, and mushrooms. I fill up on those veggies. Limit my meat intake to normal serving sizes of 4 oz. As for exercise, about all I do is cut firewood for my firepit by hand. I always have a handsaw with me and if I spot wood that I can get, I log it then haul home and cut to length. I do that once or twice a week along with normal walking, etc. I count calories every day, usually first thing in the morning to figure out what I can have that day. Calorie counting is really easy with the internet.

Your progress is commendable and an inspiration to us all. On the other hand, has your Dr. OK'ed a 600 cal/day program or you going "rogue"? I think most diets, even pretty radical ones are at least in the 900-1000 ballpark. Once again, congrats on what you have done, but 600 cal per day really needs to be under a Dr.'s supervision.

Your progress is commendable and an inspiration to us all. On the other hand, has your Dr. OK'ed a 600 cal/day program or you going "rogue"? I think most diets, even pretty radical ones are at least in the 900-1000 ballpark. Once again, congrats on what you have done, but 600 cal per day really needs to be under a Dr.'s supervision.

My DR's both wanted me to not have such a low calorie count but my cardiologist sees me every 6 months and the other once a year. I feel that if I hadn't done such an extreme diet, I wouldn't be here now typing this, and I know my body better than they do. Would I recommend this to somebody else? NO! I needed to get it off fast! Plus, I'm eating all healthy foods. Getting plenty of all vitamins naturally.

Glad you have an eye on the safety of it Jay, I'm no pro but was concerned when you said the low number. Take care bud.

Last edited:
I really do greatly appreciate the people's here concern, and if I felt for an instant that anything was going wrong, I'd be into the Dr. fast. I have my normal appointment with my
cardiologist next Wed. so I'll be getting the once over then. :)

UPDATE...........................my last progress post from Feb. 26 had me at 202 lbs. lost. As of this mornings weigh in, I've now lost a total of 235 lbs. :) I'm also starting to eat more. Feeling better every day. :)

Top Bottom