Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016-17 fur prices

isu22andy

Any indication on prices on Coon coyote or beaver ? Not much rat habitat around me , would be happy with a 5 dollar average on coon.. ...don't feel like killing my good Den trees off for nothing ..

Thanks

Some buyers are not taking coons this year, or are only taking the very best ones for $2 - $4 or so. I have been just giving the ones I have caught to a local fur buyer and he wants them on the carcass...as the carcass is worth as much, or more than, the fur. Coyotes are around $20 or so I believe.

I have heard that they aren't buying here in MO but who knows for sure.

Do they use the carcass for scent making? Pet food etc? Zoo's?

I think, but am not sure, that at least one SE Iowa fur buyer uses the carcasses to help feed his turtle farming operation. I'll ask him next time I am in there. I do know that at this point he is valuing the carcass more than the fur.

I think, but am not sure, that at least one SE Iowa fur buyer uses the carcasses to help feed his turtle farming operation. I'll ask him next time I am in there. I do know that at this point he is valuing the carcass more than the fur.

Who would have guessed?! Interesting to say the least

Been a long time but I've sold some carcass for people to eat. Had to leave a foot on.

When I trapped there used to be a friend of my cousin that bought all my coon carcasses to feed his family, didn't have to leave a foot on though. A lot of old timers used to eat just about anything, I guess living during the great depression they had to make due. I heard muskrats were good and sweet too, I think I'll stick to venison and game birds!

Many years ago, when I lived in "upstate" New York it was well worth the time to carry coon carcasses out of the woods as buyers of some ethnic groups from the bigger cities would pay well for them as table fare. I have eaten coon and it's pretty good. Way better than woodchuck. :rolleyes:

I know of a fur buyer that says he used to have a guy come that would buy and fill the entire back of his pickup with coon carcasses, cover it and drive to Chicago. Always at night. He never knew what the guy did with them, but I would assume restaurants.

I know of a fur buyer that says he used to have a guy come that would buy and fill the entire back of his pickup with coon carcasses, cover it and drive to Chicago. Always at night. He never knew what the guy did with them, but I would assume restaurants.

So you are saying we have all pry tried it! :)

Top Bottom