Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2016 Iowa Taxidermy show

ReinertsonTaxidermy

For those members who do taxidermy, this is a golden opportunity to learn and get better. Some of the best taxidermists in the world will be there, including our own Joe Meder. I learn the most each year by just talking with other taxidermists and sharing tricks and tips. Your next mount will be better after attending the seminars and talking with others.

For those of you who just like taxidermy, this is a blast. A perfect place to get ideas for a mount you may have waiting at your taxidermist. Over 140 mounts have been registered so far with everything from a rattlesnake to a life size blue wildebeest. Free to the public to come look.

Show is at the Best Western in Marshalltown.

http://www.iowataxidermyassociation.com/

https://www.facebook.com/iowataxidermyassociation/

Here is the schedule.
Friday, April 1, 2016
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]9:00 a.m. – 12 Noon ....... Suppliers set up in vendor’s room. Open for business 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. ...... Final call – register and check in mounts.***
10:00 a.m. - ?? ................ Meeting: ITA officers, board of directors, and Competition Committee.
1:00 p.m. ......................... Judging begins.
1:30pm – 5:30pm .........
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Seminar [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Rick Krane – Painting a Reproduction Chum Salmon. This salmon will donated to the Saturday night auction
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ...... Welcome reception in banquet room, Marshalltown Visitor’s Convention Bureau. (Tentative)
6:30 p.m. -- ??? .............. Live auction, taxidermy supplies & cash bar. Donations needed!!!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Saturday, April 2, 2016
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ...... Competition room opens to show registrants when judging & ribbons completed.
9:00 a.m. – Noon ............ Vendor Room open for business.
10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon .....
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Seminar [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Todd Kranau – Altering Manikins
12 Noon – 5:00 p.m. ....... Competition Room opens to the general public. Free admission.
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ...... Vendor Room open for business.
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ......
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Seminar [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Brian Eppley – Ears and ear butts – Hands on
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ......
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Kids’ Seminar[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial], Roger’s Road Kill
3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. ......
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Seminar [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Mike Orthober – Mounting a standing duck
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ...... Set up for Awards Banquet and Auction by officers, board of directors, show committee members, and other welcomed volunteers.
6:00 p.m. ......................... Open bar in banquet room.
7:00 p.m. ......................... Banquet dinner – buffet style.
8:00 p.m. - ??.................. Awards – Silent Auction – Fellowship. Donations needed for Silent Auction!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Sunday, April 3, 2016
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. ...... Meeting: Officers, board of directors, and committee heads. Prepare for the ITA General Membership Business Meeting.
9:00 a.m. – 12 Noon ....... Competition Room open to the general public. Free admission.
9:00 a.m. – 12 Noon ....... Vendor Room open for business (shop early – some vendors leave Saturday night!)
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ....
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Seminar [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Dan Fiala and Greg Cuvelier – "Tips and Tricks" Round table discussion
12:00 p.m. ....................... Out-of-state entries released.
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ...... Annual business meeting for ITA General Membership in seminar room. Election of board members.
2:00 p.m. .........................
[/FONT]
[/FONT]ITA member entries released.

Last edited:
Also a great place to visit for those who don't have a taxidermist. You can see the work you like best and talk to the artist about future business.

I'll have to swing by after church on Sunday. I wanted to stop last year but wasn't able to make it. Thanks for the info!

Only the showroom is open to the public, but it is worth the trip.

Ya I went there last year to check it out and meet a friend that had some of his work there and I was standing in the hall outside the door waiting for him to get out of a seminar and Hutton drug me out saying I couldnt watch it...
So what does it take to be able to watch the seminars? Im not a taxidermy but I'm still interested enough that I'd like to be able to watch them if it didnt cost an arm and a leg.

Ya I went there last year to check it out and meet a friend that had some of his work there and I was standing in the hall outside the door waiting for him to get out of a seminar and Hutton drug me out saying I couldnt watch it...
So what does it take to be able to watch the seminars? Im not a taxidermy but I'm still interested enough that I'd like to be able to watch them if it didnt cost an arm and a leg.

You can register for the show and go to all seminars for $45, pretty good deal for 10+ hours of seminars. Hope you can make it, you will have fun and learn a bunch.

Top Bottom