Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2018 8 point.

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Last years season was short and sweet. I shot a nice buck on my third sit..... This year , that was not the case. I got a late start to my season due to a wedding and our family vacation. Oct 21st was my first time out and I saw and passed the biggest buck I saw all year. Fast forward to Nov 16th. I had put 150 plus hours in and wasn't seeing much for rut activity. I knew it could happen at any moment so I didn't lose hope. I helped the land owner work cattle all morning on the north farm, so i figured with all the commotion I better hunt the South Farm. Just as i got in my stand I saw a nice buck working a doe down wind and went to grab my grunt call, but i had forgotten it in the Can-am. I watched him chase a doe for a while until he went out of sight. Shortly after I had a mature buck in the field in front of me working a doe. Once they went out of sight I got down and ran back to the buggy and grabbed my call.I didn't see anything else for about 2 hours and I knew i had just screwed everything up by running back after my call. About 4 o'clock the does started piling out into the alfalfa. It was on! The buck had to be right behind them. I was right but it wasn't much of a buck. Shortly after the young buck showed up a few more does busted out into the field being chased by a nice 8. I watched them for a while and they all went back into the timber. I began to second guess letting that buck walk. 20 minutes later more does enter the field and sure enough he was with them. He stood still to long this time and I buried my arrow in him at 40 yards. The rest is history.

Now i am in a phot contest and could use your vote. If you click on the link and then click on my photo and like it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading. Gross 142 7/8

https://www.facebook.com/TheIowaSpo...217600/1912588488836634/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
46487997_1912588492169967_8071797588610777088_n.jpg buggy.jpg dead.jpg dead2.jpg https://www.facebook.com/TheIowaSpo...217600/1912588488836634/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Top Bottom