Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2019 Farm Projects, What are yours?

Hopefully will build a mobile blind or two (dad decided on a use for a couple trailers/wagons he has had for awhile and I have some old siding from a barn I might try to use up). Need to reevaluate a few stand locations and make some tweaks. Need to do some brush management (spray, burn, NUKE!).

Hopefully will build a mobile blind or two (dad decided on a use for a couple trailers/wagons he has had for awhile and I have some old siding from a barn I might try to use up). Need to reevaluate a few stand locations and make some tweaks. Need to do some brush management (spray, burn, NUKE!).
I will be working on nuking weed trees and hinge cuts here beginning next week.

I had the DNR forester stop out on Monday to stop out to look the property over. He had a lot of good info to share. Came up with a plan for this spring and i put in an order for 400 saplings from the nursery. Got some chinkapins, whites, walnuts, sycamores and plums.

He suggested 5ft grow tubes because of the heavy deer browse in Madison county. Do you know any good places to buy tubes? Seems like the prices are all over the place.
364cc68a8a9d8bcaa89fee12c66dd6eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• TSI on lil bit of timber
  • plant 2,000 cedar trees
  • more fruit trees
  • carve out some more plots
  • few more tower blinds to build and set
  • Lil bit of switchgrass planting
  • NWSG maintenance
  • hopefully get a farm bought and start a thousand other things all over again. :)

Continue new TSI/hinge cutting and touch up 5+ yr old TSI/hinge cut timbers (mainly weed tree removal)
Our CRP will be in it's second year so I anticipate one mowing or possibly two
Spray our old switch grass stand with Oust XP and Round-up to remove the brome that's began choking it out
Improve our food plots, we're getting burned by neighbors who have ag fields filled with fallen grain - deer love that and it's a tough habit to break them from (may never happen)
Plant 500 cedars
Move two LickCreek blinds
Build one or two more box blinds
Spray herbicide around existing tree plantings

I had the DNR forester stop out on Monday to stop out to look the property over. He had a lot of good info to share. Came up with a plan for this spring and i put in an order for 400 saplings from the nursery. Got some chinkapins, whites, walnuts, sycamores and plums.

He suggested 5ft grow tubes because of the heavy deer browse in Madison county. Do you know any good places to buy tubes? Seems like the prices are all over the place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Best tubes for the best price is from Mike Hamilton in Robins, IA - I thought I had his # but it is not on my new phone. Anyone out there have his #?

TSI on my timber. Forester is walking it with me in a couple weeks and then I’ll get cranking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI around 15 acres and create lanes around the TSI for
Increase 5 food plot in size (for turnips)
Plant 10 acres of beans
Build 2 mobile blinds
Take down all tree stands (check to make sure still safe)
Burn current switch grass
spray cattails with rodeo so the kids can actually fish
Clean up pond dam
Create lanes into some bedding areas so we can access with the right wind during the rut.

My list is like 2 pages long. I need it to quit snowing so we can get things started.

Top Bottom